Battle Task 1: Under The (Sphere) Sea

"I just can't wait for the battle tasks!" Evina shouted. "I must say, I was rather shocked with the rankings the guilds all came in. I mean, some of the guilds who were winners last year aren't and it seems like the underdogs are doing great this year!"

Thulok humphed. "They'll do better. It's only the first task. Now onto the battle task. I'm eager to see a few of our rising stars fight today. Kyren is one of them."

Evina nodded seriously. "Yes, I suspect his opponent will have quite the challenge, especially if we pair him up against someone from Mystical Dynasty."

"Oooh-ooh! I have a pair!" Pimret shouted.

Thulok and Evina both shot him sharp looks.

*****

This battle task will be taking place in a magical sphere filled with water. Sort of like this: 

It's floating in the air in the now-empty fields outside of Kypha

It's floating in the air in the now-empty fields outside of Kypha. One of your characters is selected by the Gamemakers to fight an opponent from another guild (also selected by the Gamemakers).  These battles will take place, two-on-two until all of the guilds have competed against the other.  You can't go outside the sphere of water. Inside, the magic makes the sphere much larger than it seems from the outside, so you have an ocean's room to fight your opponent. You can use your magic to help you breathe underwater and if you don't have a way of that, then the Gamemakers will provide a magical rune allowing you to breathe underwater. If you're an aquatic race, then you'll be okay. If you want to show the scene at the beginning when your character is Chosen, please do so (I look forward to it). Remember that characters who have just participated will not be chosen to fight write away (this way, the Magi's Mathanos is all filled and refreshed). 

Congratulations to music1or1books, you have won immunity and thus, do not have to participate in Battle Task 1. Ivory Crow has been chosen by Evina to sit out on the first Battle task, while the other Magi are being selected and paired. 

Below are the list of paired writers:

ariel_paiment1 versus wordsmith-

Shermanblook versus Several7s

JesterheadJohnSnow versus ForeverandMagic

D-Willy45 versus Sara_R_Stark

Katie387750 versus duckish

musicgirlXD versus FantasyTeller12

Remember to chose only one character that will be fighting against your opponent - against the character THEY chose. Communicate with them as best as you can to try to match up the fighters. You can coordinate entries if you want to, but you don't have to. I don't want the same entries handed in, so even if you coordinate - make it your own writing. 

Remember I'll score both of your entries and the writer with the highest score will win 10 points and the loser of each battle will receive zero (unless you've won an award that states other wise - if you did, please remind me when the battle tasks are handed in). I will also judge based on who shows and portrays the magic fights correct and the magic fight action well described. If you go over word count, I will take off points, but I will also keep in mind the reasons why you did - such as wanting to include more detail, etc. and I won't let that factor in to my decision of who wins and loses. 

Word count: 

Minimum of 400. Maximum of 550. (unless you have an award. If you do, please list it at the end of your battle task entry)

If you wish to include a scene of interaction with your guild beforehand, then you have 350 words to do it (unless you have an award, in which case you have extra; please list it at the end of your battle task entry). If you wish to include a scene at the end showing your guilds' interactions, you have 350 words to do that with (unless you have an award, in which case you have extra; please list it at the end of your battle task entry). 

Due date:

April 23, Monday, 6pm central. This gives you 5 days. 

Good luck. Let me know if I forgot anything or anyone :)

Let's battle :D