The Finals: D-Willy45

This was written by D-Willy45 who wrote the guild Iscariot Sin. Enjoy :)

Rosa Est, Inquietus Ac Firmitatis Robore

(The rose, the restless, and the ironclad)
If an injury has to be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared-Niccolo Machiavelli

It turns out that getting off the planet was not as easy as we had expected. After a year of being on the run, we finally gave up trying to escape. Fortunately for us, we found an underground tunnel system that was hidden from even the best of trackers. Crystals make sure that every room has ample light. Down here lies its own ecosystem with vegetation, animals, water and the like. Where Braith was originally against it, she soon realized that we had no choice. With what little people we had left, we colonized the massive area.

*************************************************************************************************************

15 years later

I was told of the stories, back when life was more peaceful. Mom speaks of a time when the planets didn't fight against each other. She will get lost in thought as she relives the better day in her head. Apparently, we were alive during that time, but we don't remember anything. Mom will speak of our father and the adventures that he had. Uncle always talks about him and dad's conflicts, way back when. Unfortunately, our dad died a long time ago, he sounded like he had an outstanding character. Sometimes I catch mom crying at dad's headstone, it breaks me every time.

"Zeus! Are you coming or not?" Ninna yells for me on top of the cliff.

I continue climbing until I can feel the soft touch of the grass. Both Ninna and Lia both help me up to my feet. Lia, Ninna and I are all triplets from our dad's side. We are told that we have siren blood inside of us, but none of us know how to control it.

The three of us take a second to enjoy the scene. The, "In Antrum" is the largest opening in the cave system. It is large enough to hold a small city inside. The Flumen river runs straight through the middle and assures plentiful harvests every year. The lush grasslands that make this place so unique cover the ground in a blanket of green. Right now we are standing on top of the "Praeceps" overhang. It is a giant protrusion on the side of the cave walls. The only way to the top is to climb, it is also the place where we go to train, talk, and just to get away.

"This never gets old, does it?" Lia asks.

"As long as it is with you two, no," I reply.

There is a long pause before Ninna finally yawns nonchalantly. She walks behind us and into a ring of stone. She sheds her jacket so that all that she has on is a sleeveless shirt and baggy pants. Tattoos cover her arms as well as her back and legs. It is the same with Lia and me, tradition I guess. We didn't know it at the time, but dad apparently had a few tattoos as well, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

"You two ready or what?" Ninna taunts playfully.

"You know I am!" I say as I shed my own shirt.

This cave system is one of the only safe havens in the entire galaxy. They say everywhere else is a living hell. After 15 years of tyranny, the dragon empire have single-handedly managed to turn a once great empire into a land of constant war. My two sisters and I have been training relentlessly for as long as we could raise our fists. One day, we will go to the surface and start a resistance against the dragon empire. Someday, somehow, we will create the world that our mom so dearly misses, if it kills us.

*************************************************************************************************************