Battle Task 4: Obstacle Battle

Thulok sat down with the guild leader of Guild Valkyrie with a deep frown on his bearded face. "I'm certain you understand what this means, Yldara. I understand that some of your members are angry that the games have turned out harsh for some of you, but you must understand... We had no idea that woman snuck into one of the challenges or that the fear spell would manifest so dramatically for Duan, or Kyren or Eriswen. Alastair may be going through a lot right now, but his behavior cannot continue. Not only is it giving Guild Valkyrie a bad reputation, but it's sucking the fun out of the Games for everyone! Pim, Evina, and I have taken extra precautions to ensure the Games run smoothly from here on. I expect you to either convince Alastair to change his behavior, or I'm afraid we might have to remove him from the Games entirely." Thulok politely folded his hands on the table between him and the other Magi.

Yldara's expression stayed neutral as she inclined her head. "I will do my best, Gamemaker Thulok."

As she left, Thulok clutched a magical crystal in his hands, creating a magical projection of him in front of the commander. "Well, have the rough crowds been dealt with?"

"Yes, sir and fortunately none of the Magi were harmed. We also have ensured the people's unrest for Eriswen has been... quieted. As long as she doesn't make another scene, I believe she'll be fine," the commander explained.

Thulok made a note to tell Eriswen's guild master about that later. Most of the people weren't happy when the elf's fears caused her to nearly kill all the extras in the Fun House. Not to mention Evina still felt terrible for what had happened to Eris, Kyren, and Duan. With a sigh, he rubbed his head. "At least Dragon Claw, Black Shadow, and Knight's Watch aren't causing problems," he muttered.

"Actually," Pimret started, strolling into the room, "Knight's Watch got into an... altercation with another guild earlier today."

"What?" Thulok's eyes widened as he looked at the halfling, suspecting a prank. "You're - "

"Not joking," Evina smoothly interrupted as she fluttered her wings and hovered into the room.

"Good to see you, Evina. Will you be joining us for the battles?" Thulok inquired.

Evina nodded with a slight smile. "Yes, I just thought I would check on Kyren first."

Thulok glanced at the magical communication crystal. "Well, I have a few more things to address with the commander. It seems an enemy from Iscariot Sin's past has recently shown up and I want to make sure they aren't causing trouble."

"Miria also had an altercation with another guild, but I believe nothing happened from the incident," Evina said.

Thulok glanced at Pimret. "And how is Crimson Shadow?"

Pimret grinned widely. "They're one of the more... well behaved Guilds, Thulok. I'm quite proud of them, actually."

"I'll see you both in a half an hour at the battle," Evina said with a wave. After the door closed behind her, Thulok and Pimret exchanged a glance.

"I'm glad she's back," Pimret said with a smile.

Thulok nodded. "She isn't herself yet, but I believe it won't take her long. Once she sees the Magi aren't angry toward her - Eris, Duan, and Kyren in particular - I believe she'll be fine."

Off in the distance, a dark shroud listened in to the Gamemakers' conversations. With a smile, the figure prepared to report in. These guilds, their petty problems... None of it would matter in just a few days.

Everything was about to change.

*****

Hey everyone and welcome to Battle Task 4!