Sponsorship Battle Task: Several7s versus me!

Several7s:

Rain fell gently on the cobblestones as Eris walked through the streets of Kypha. Zaydaan hadn't accompanied her this time. He'd clearly indicated what he thought about her going a third night without sleep, but she didn't care. Seeing Mordzar and Kyren had made her even less inclined to face the nightmares. Still, she felt the effects from lack of sleep. If she'd stayed in the hotel, she would've slept whether she liked it or not. Knowing that, she'd wandered into the storm.

She paused and turned her face into the rain. It calmed her, temporarily driving away thoughts of the past. For a brief second, she thought peaceful sleep might be possible.

"Eris," Shiazmu said from behind her, interrupting the moment. "Raylee asked me to find you. We need to go back."

His voice sent a bolt of panic through her, but she hid it better now than she had with Kyren. "I like it out here." She started walking again, without bothering to see if he'd follow.

"It's raining- you'll end up sick," he argued.

"I've suffered worse." She glanced back at him as she walked and immediately slammed into someone.

She looked up to find Greo, from Black Dragon, scowling at her. The stench of alcohol filled her nostrils, and she resisted the urge to gag. She could hear the annoyance in his voice when he spoke.

"Watch where you're going, she-elf," he growled.

Shiazmu moved to her side, sticking to the shadows where he could move unseen. Eris opened her mouth to apologize, but the panther pounced before she got the chance. He tackled Greo, claws digging into his leather armor. The orc responded with an angry roar and tossed Shiazmu away.

Eris stood still, unsure how to react. Should she be helping Shiazmu attack Greo? But what had the orc done to deserve this response? Should she stop the fight? Greo answered that question when he slammed his fist into her.

The attack was enough to send her flying into the wall. Her head didn't hit too hard, but it was enough to make her vision spin. That's it- he's going down. Cool metal met her hand, and she pulled out her knife, which also served as her wand.

"Laden thand!" she whispered. The knife warmed in her hands and she dashed forward across her shield.

The shield allowed her to stand on equal ground with Greo, but as soon as she pulled a weapon, he responded in kind, unsheathing a massive sword. His stance shifted, and the sword came flying toward her. She leaped into the air and pushed off a wall, using the momentum to flip over him. Her knife connected with his face, but only created a shallow cut.

Behind her, Shiazmu fought someone else who had arrived, but she ignored him and focused on Greo. His sword came inches from her arm, and she moved away from it, but something else sliced into her side. She was about to retaliate when Raylee showed up.

***

Shiazmu did not like prison cells. They were uncomfortable, small spaces with little room for escape. What's worse, Raylee had been the one to jail them. Or, she hadn't stopped it, at least. She and the Black Dragon guild master- Rovad- had shown up in the middle of the fight with a bunch of guards and swiftly put an end to it.

It was a shame, too. Kyren fought well and had given Shiazmu a refreshing challenge. He'd been enjoying himself, just a bit. Of course, he soon found out he'd attacked Kyren, who was a hero among the republic. Probably not his best decision.

Eris leaned her head back against the wall and held her side. It had been bandaged, but blood was gradually soaking through the cloth. "I could've sworn I dodged him," she muttered.