Task 4: My Entry

Being out of the infirmary and finally being able to rejoin the Games greatly improved Greo's mood. Before he left, despite how he normally treated Kyren and got on his nerves and vice-versa, Greo paused as he looked at the Elite Magi Healers surrounding Kyren's bedside. "Any improvement?" Greo asked gruffly.

A beautiful half-elf, half fairy woman turned around to face him, wings fluttering gracefully behind her. "Yes, in fact, there is. His heart is weak, but there is a chance that we can push the nightmare from his mind."

Arms crossed, Greo nodded his head. "Good. The Guild'll be glad to hear it." With that, Greo made his way back to the hotel Black Dragon stayed in near the palace. Outside, the crowd had thickened, drawing in races from all over the galaxy who flocked along the main road, desperate for a glimpse of the Magi.

Palace Guards donning silver steel held back a group of girls squealing as they tried to reach the hotel doors. Through the floor-length windows outlined in crystals, Greo could clearly see Rovad addressing Black Dragon inside. Bet they weren't expecting me to be released or they would've greeted me, Greo thought to himself.

"Please, ladies, step back and give the Magi some breathing room!" A Gnome dressed in a fancy silk suit called to them, but his pleas were completely ignored.

Grinning, Greo whistled loudly. All eyes shifted to the orc as he stepped onto the edge of the sidewalk, just in front of the hotel. "Hey, ladies!"

Immediately, the girls flocked to his side as if he was a magnet, which only fueled his ego and enhanced his grin even further.

"Greo, you're so handsome for an orc!" A pixie who stood atop a giraffe centaur woman with a dark complexion shouted. He barely heard her voice as the giraffe centaur reached a hand down to him.

"Will you just shake my hand, Greo?" she asked. "I'm such a fan!"

Greo slipped his hand into hers and kissed it smoothly, causing her dark skin to redden. Twinkling resounded in his ears, but when he shifted his gaze to his right shoulder, a tiny blue fairy waved at him. "Wanted to wish you luck!" she said, kissing his cheek.

Now it was his turn to blush. Not that he ever would have admitted it later. The guards finally made their way to the group of girls and held them back, which gave Greo the room he needed to slip in the doors.

Rovad paused mid-sentence as the entire guild turned to look at Greo. Almost every single one of them burst out in a harmonious laughter.

"What?" Greo asked.

Rovad gestured his cheek.

Greo swiped his hand across his right cheek, where the fairy had kissed him. Looking at his hand, he didn't miss how it was covered in blue fairy dust.

*****

"As I was saying," Rovad continued as Greo joined his Black Dragon companions, "Before the challenge today, we will have a small interview in front of the palace. It's a high honor, especially knowing that our rank has once again dropped, so this is a great promotion opportunity. Greo, Hywel, Syra, Jeythr, and Benjo, stay beside me and the rest of you are invited as well."

Benjo swallowed deeply. Normally being in front of a Magicam was no problem for him, but he didn't want to embarrass himself in case Opal was watching. His face heated up at the thought.

Greo cleared his throat and Benjo shifted his gaze to look at the bulky orc. "I wanted to let everyone know that the healers are confident that their spell will end Kyren's nightmare. With luck, he should wake up soon."

The entire lobby erupted in loud cheers and even Benjo whooped. Kyren hovering near death's door made the entire Black Dragon guild tense, but with his recovery, they had cause to rejoice. Rovad clapped his hands and headed for the hotel doors.