Guild 9: Silent Phoenix

This guild was made by Several7s. The guild seal is above. At the bottom of the guild form is the Gamemaker/Mentor comments and below them will be the five members representing the guild in the games. 

Guild Name: Silent Phoenix. The first part represents their desire to help people from the background. The second part of their name refers to how the guild started and to the fact that most of their members, at its founding, had some sort of dark past that they rose above.

Planet the Guild is From: Silent Phoenix was founded on the planet of Euresix. The planet itself is quite large and split into ten general territories. Each is ruled in a different way, but many different types of people, except for the Dark Province, which consists of areas considered uninhabitable, and the Old Forest, which has no ruler. The four largest territories are the Dark Realm, the Phantom Domain, the Midnight Province, and the Old Forest. The Flame Province, Midnight Province, and Phantom Domain are all city-like territories, with a lot of industry and large military groups. Humans, for the most part, dominate those territories, though other races live there too. The Undersea Province is where Sirens, Sea Elves, Mer, and other aquatic races live. They've built undersea cities, but most cannot be visited by non-aquatic races, so they also have a floating city for commerce. The Mountain Province is mostly just mountains, split into factions of dwarves and mountain elves. The Old Forest sprawls across a large portion of the planet and is inhabited by all sorts of races. Most who live there learn early on how to avoid the forest elves and few dare to venture beneath the shade of the trees in the forest, for fear of being attacked. Unsurprisingly, not a lot of trading happens within this territory. The smallest territory is Juxton Acre- a territory ruled by the Juxton dynasty. Despite being a dictatorship, the people within the territory aren't particularly oppressed. The Dark Realm is the name that has been unanimously given to the territory. The area covers nearly a third of the planet and the source of many rumors and tales. People say that a storm raged over the planet one night and when the sun rose the next day, the Dark Realm had gone from lush fields of forests and flowers to a dead land. It's impossible to grow anything within its borders and plants will shrivel within days, despite meticulous care. The Free Region is where criminals are banished to. It is a society of people who have been given a second chance. People from there have a specific brand meant to signify their banishment from other societies. If they continue to live as criminals and are caught, then they might ultimately be sent to the Dark Realm- no one has ever come back.

What the Guild is Like: The guild is full of people who want to help others and, in many cases, atone for past mistakes. They work in the shadows for the most part and don't like attention much. They live life to the fullest and know how to enjoy themselves. Many of them have criminal backgrounds and know how to sneak around, but they also aren't well-loved by the people of Euresix, or well-known. Their main goal is to help people and give other people with dark pasts a chance at a better life.

Guild History: The guild was formed 47 years ago, by the current guild master's mother, Raisa. Raisa learned magic at a young age by watching others and listening in on lessons, ect. Her father raised her in the slums of the Phantom Domain, where only the strong survive. There, she learned to steal and kill, until she was eventually caught. The military of the Phantom Domain tore her away from her father at 16 years old and exiled her to the Free Realm. At the time she still knew only what she could piece together about magic, but in the Free Realm, she met an old man who offered to teach her more. He was kind and became like a second father to her. She mastered magic under him, but more importantly, she learned that she didn't have to steal and kill to survive. The people that she ambushed in alleys, the poor people she stole from, because she could, all of it came back to haunt her and she began to regret her actions. Eventually, she gathered some of her other friends and founded a guild- Silent Phoenix. The guild was extremely small at first and the members couldn't leave the Free Realm without being identified as criminals by their brands. It took a long time for the guild to finally be accepted as legitimate, but by then its members had grown. Their criminal brands were reworked into the Silent Phoenix guild seal and their members displayed it proudly. Over the years, the guild grew in reputation, though most from their home planet still looked at them as criminals and they weren't widely accepted in other territories. People from other planets began to join the guild, however- people who weren't criminals. Those members were able to move freely throughout the territories and helped considerably to enhance Silent Phoenix's reputation. Now, they aren't openly hated. People still eye them with wariness, but they're able to leave the Free Region without getting into trouble, in most cases. Raisa eventually married and had a daughter, who succeeded her as guild master when she died, 8 years back. Her daughter, Raylee, wasn't originally going to consider joining the Magi Games- Silent Phoenix wasn't about getting popular or being the strongest, it was about helping people. She didn't want the fame and most of the guild members agreed. However, several new members changed Raylee's mind. They reminded her that, while it didn't matter if they were praised or well-liked, it was good to challenge members of the guild and test their strength against more powerful opponents. They also pointed out that if they won, the people of Euresix might see them in a different light and be more open to requesting help from the guild, allowing them to work more freely.