Battle Task 7: Entries

Katie387750 versus Sara_R_Stark

Katie

Opal's POV.

Everyone was standing in a straight line. We were all petrified, afraid, destroyed... any terrible emotion you can think of can fit in all of our minds right now, and that includes death.

Death, millions of people have died. It's just our living people left... Kyren, Crystal, Eris, Zaydaan, and about a hundred more magi. Other than that, they're all gone.

Leaves from trees started to fall. 7:00 PM. The time when all of our leaves begin to fall. The day where millions of people's leaves fall. The day where everyone falls to the ground to the dragon creatures.

One of the fire-breathing dragons, covered in scales and an awkward tail, stood in front of us. Behind him, all of the kidnapped magi.

"Hello," He said with his rusty, crackly voice. "Welcome to your pitiful end. Tythan is gone."

I looked at Kyren. I think everyone kind of looked up to him as the leader. He knew what he was doing, although the Zhol part of him scared everyone.

"Now, we shall all start with the execution process. Everyone, look up."

I closed my eyes. I couldn't bare to watch the skin melt off of the bodies of magi we once loved. The wind blew against my body, causing my clothes and hair to blow to the left. The sunlight glistened in my eyes as I closed them.

"I said, look up."

I still didn't. I wouldn't look, I wouldn't watch. Crystal nudged my right side, telling me to look. I wouldn't.

"Look up or you'll be executed!" He roared.

My eyes flashed open when he said executed. I wouldn't go down the same path Benjo did. My eyes were filled with tears.

"Good, now, the magi we shall kill this hour... Jeythr."

I looked at Kyren. His eyes were filled of horror. The dragon stood right in front of Jeythr.

"Any last words?"

"Goodbye, everyone. I hope you live this invasion," Jeyther said with great confidence. "I know I may be gone, but you can't suffer because I will be leaving you. We've been battling all day. We must keep as strong as we were before. I love you all, good luck."

The dragon charged its attack, right before it fired, Kyren shouted, "No!"

He gave into his Zhol side and sucked the grass underneath us to send a powerful dark blast into the dragon's back. Jeythr looked at him with shock.

"That was a mistake!" I yelled.

Stronger units charged into the rows of magi and started slicing them to shreds. I saw Selene perfectly fine, blinked again, and she was on the ground, blood oozing out of her chest.

"We are the legion, and we will not stop until you are all dead!" A soldier shouted. "Attack!"

Kyren stood in front of everyone as the army came close. He made a dark wall barrier. "Run! I'll hold them off."

"Okay," I replied, tears glistening in my eyes. Everyone knew he wasn't going to make it.

We ran the opposite direction, and we stopped running only to see the warriors breaking through Kyren's shield. A knife stabbed into his chest, and that's when we all knew. It's hopeless.

"Syra!" Jeythr yelled, looking at the Zhol his girlfriend had become.

"Don't get drawn like you did last time," Zenna replied. "If we want a chance of living you have to lose her affection for her."