Ch.26 New Problems(GGO Arc)

Start from the beginning

Y/N:Where is this guy?

Kikuoka:Hey!Y/N!Over here!Hahaha!

I looked over to see Kikuoka waving at me.

Y/N:So much for subtlety......

I sat down across from him and pulled out my phone.

Kikuoka:Hey go ahead and order whatever you want.It's on me.

Y/N:I'll order the whole left side of the menu.

Kikuoka:Hahaha!I see that formality isn't your thing.

Y/N:I can do it if you like.

Kikuoka:No,that's alright.

The waiter came to take our orders.

Y/N:I don't know most of this french stuff so,I'll get the ice cream sundae.

The waiter nodded and left.

Kikuoka:Sorry to make you come all the way out here,Maverick.

Y/N:Could you've at least picked somewhere closer instead of all the way in Ginza?And why are you calling me by my player name?It's a little weird.

Kikuoka:What's with the attitude?I thought we were buds.I was the first to visit you in the hospital.

Y/N:Only because no one notified my parents.My mom came in like Sonic.

Kikuoka:True.

Y/N:So what'd ya bring me
here for?I'm pretty sure you didn't just text me to take me to dinner.Is it SAO related?

Kikuoka:Actually it's something else....have a look at that.

Kikuoka handed me a tablet.I opened it and it showed me a guy.

Y/N:Who's the ugly dude?

Kikuoka:This won't be present.So,last month,on November the 14th,the landlord of an apartment complex in Nakano,Tokyo, noticed a foul odor while cleaning.It was coming from one of the units.So,she disabled the lock and discovered this man dead.His name was Tamotsu Shigemura,and he was twenty-six.He'd been dead for five days.She found him in bed.His place was a mess,but no signs of burglary.He had something interesting on his head though...

Y/N:An Amusphere?

Kikuoka:Yeah,it was ruled out an unnatural death,so they did an autopsy.The cause of death was found to be acute heart failure.

Y/N:Heart failure?Did they find out the cause?

Kikuoka:No,they didn't.

The waiter came and gave us our orders.I started sipping on my milkshake.

Kikuoka:Unfortunately,so much time had passed since his death and foul play was ruled out as a cause,the autopsy wasn't very thorough.We do know he'd been logged in for two days straight and hadn't eaten the whole time.

Y/N:The whole time?Man,people are stupid.I love games but know when it's time to eat in the real world.

Kikuoka:He had a game installed on the system called Gun Gale Online.You know that one?