Chapter 18

Bethany's POV

I walked over to a cooler and dug through the beer bottles to find a water bottle at the bottom of it. Skylar wasn't anywhere that I could see, and she didnt answer my calls, so I walked around awkwardly for a while until I heard someone call my name from behind me. I turned around to see Niall waving at me and walking over. I was pleasantly surprised to see him.

"I didn't expect to see you here!" he remarked, chuckling.

"My friend invited me, but I don't even see her here. Thank God you came over here, it was so awkward to be walking around by myself." I smiled.

"Who's your friend? I might know her."

"Skylar."

His eyes widened for a moment. "You're friends with Skylar?"

"Well, I used to be. We stopped talking, but she messaged me asking me to come, so I don't know."

He nodded with a confused look. "I haven't seen her. I haven't seen Jackson either, so they're probably uh, busy inside." he remarked.

"Jackson?"

"Her boyfriend. This is his house." he informed me. I nodded.

"Wanna sit down?" Niall gestured to the lawn chairs near by. I smiled as we sat and continued to make conversation. Then, a dark-haired boy with a lot of tattoos approached Niall. His eyes were a bit red and he reeked of alcohol. Even though it was hard to see him in the darker light, he seemed familiar and I knew I'd seen him before, but I couldn't remember where.

"Hey, did you see him anywhere?" Niall asked him. I wondered who he was talking about.

"Nope." the boy answered as he stumbled into the chair next to Niall.

"Dude, did you even look, or were you too busy getting drinks?" he chuckled referring to the boy's clumsy state.

"Both." the boy laughed.

His brown eyes had a sort of shine when the moon reflected on them. He had a deep voice, but the tone of it was anything but unfriendly.

"Oh, this is Beth." Niall told him.

The boy smiled at me and softly said, "Hey." I smiled back at him and took a sip of my water.

"Wait, Beth did you graduate tonight too?" Niall asked me and I nodded with a proud smile.

"Oh, congrats!"

"Thanks!"

"You're just drinking water?" the brown-haired boy asked.

"Yeah."

"Here, have some of this." He handed me the red cup from his hand that was full of some sort of fruity scented drink.

"I've never really drank alcohol before." I said nervously.

"Just one drink won't get you drunk." Niall reassured me.

I just graduated, I might as well live a little. I took a sip and the drink burned my throat when I swallowed. It tasted like strawberries, and actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wondered what the drink even was.

"Strawberry vodka." the boy answered my thoughts. "You like it?"

I nodded and took another sip. The boy laughed and stood up. "I'm gonna walk around a bit."

Niall nodded. "Let me know if you see Harry anywhere."

Harry?

"Harry is here?" I asked Niall.