Chapter 29

Bethany's POV

"Liam," I said softly. "Can I talk to you? Over there?" I said, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Sure."

When we walked far enough away so that we could not be heard by anyone, I asked, "What's your problem with Harry?" I had seen him glaring at him, and he was talking very rudely to him.

"Nothing." he answered childishly, shrugging his shoulders.

"Stop being immature. Just answer the question!"

"I just don't like his attitude!" Liam snapped.

I sighed frustratedly. Although I wanted to argue that he barely knew Harry, I had to agree that Harry wasn't always the nicest. So I had to make both points clear to Liam.
"I know. He's an asshole and I don't even know why he showed up. He's disrespectful and rude, and so annoying. But, he's also really sweet and kind, and I want him here. You hardly even know him. Give him a chance. I don't know why, but he's important to me, Liam." I pleaded. I really liked being around Harry and I didn't want Liam getting in the way.

"No. You shouldn't be hanging around people like that."

"When will you realize you're not my father?!" I said loudly.

"Don't raise your voice at me! You're being stupid, Beth, so stupid!" he shouted. Luckily, there was music playing so no one paid any mind to us.

Since when did Liam get to tell me how to live my life?

My choices are stupid? And who was he to say something like that? My anger boiled over and I began to scream back at him.

"Shut up! You have no rule over me, you're not even my brother! No one would care if you weren't here! This family doesn't even need you!" I gasped as the cruel words fell from my mouth.

Did I actually just say that?

The pained expression on Liam's face verified the fact that I did.

"Liam-I..." I began, but he interrupted.

"Fucking save it." he said and walked away swiftly. I followed him into the house, hoping I could get him to forgive me.

As I began to beg for forgiveness he turned around and said, "Beth, I'm going for a drive. Leave me alone. I'll be back in a half hour." He grabbed his keys from the hook by the door, and exited the house without another word.

Guilt hit me like a tidal wave, and tears formed in my eyes. I knew that Liam would understand that everyone says things they don't mean when they're angry. But, Liam never looked as upset as he just did, and that made me feel so disgusted with myself.

I knew I couldn't sit in here forever, so I calmed myself down and returned back outside. I could sort out the issue with him later. I was only going to have one graduation party, so I figured I may as well enjoy what was left of it.

As I sat back down at the table, attempting to seem composed, I realized Harry was no where to be found.

"Where did Harry go?" I asked Niall and Zayn.

Niall looked over to Zayn awkwardly and then back at me. "He said he had a headache, but he seemed really off. Did you guys have an argument or something?"

"No, why?"

"Zayn asked if he told you he was leaving and he said 'she doesn't fucking care.' So, I don't know what that was supposed to mean."

The entire day was not working in my favor. I had no clue why he was upset with me.

Harry's POV