Chapter 43

Bethany's POV

I was sat with Harry on his bed comfortably, browsing through all of his books. "Hand me that one." He said from behind me, pointing to one. I gave him the tattered, white book and he flipped through it. He stopped on a page and sat up next to me on the edge of the bed before handing it back.

"Read this one." He whispered, looking into my eyes. I felt my cheeks redden and my heart began to race. After a long moment, I tore my eyes away from him and brought them to the page. I started to read it to myself but was interrupted when he said, "Out loud."

"But-" I tried, however the look on his face encouraged me to just sacrifice my dignity and read it. I sighed. "I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair." I began shakily, noticing the way he continued to stare at me. His deep green eyes burned harshly into my skin. I gulped before continuing. "Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets. Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps."

He placed a hand on my lower thigh and began to move his thumb back and forth gently, making me gasp quietly. I looked up at him and he nodded as if telling me to continue, and so I did. "I hunger for your sleek laugh, your hands the color of a savage harvest, hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails," At this point he placed his hand on my own and continued the same rhythmic gliding of his thumb.

"I want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body, the sovereign nose of your arrogant face, I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes, and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight, hunting for you, for your hot heart..." I finished and closed the book.

"Pablo Neruda." Harry said lowly while bringing his hand up to my chin. "Love Sonnet Eleven."

I inched closer to him. His eyes were like magnets that pulled me into him. His needy gaze traveled down to my lips, and I whispered, "Kiss me," almost pleading. He brought his lips to mine and I gently pushed him backward and straddled his waist. I had no idea what I was doing, but instinct kicked in and I followed. His eyes widened, but he quickly shut them again when our lips returned together. He ran his hands along my hips, not roughly but almost lovingly.

Lovingly is a word that I'd use sparingly when describing any action of Harry's, but that was all that it felt like. Then, he pressed his tongue against my lips as if asking for access and I opened my mouth. This was the first time we had really kissed- the first time I ever encountered the lovely faint hint of mint on his tongue that I imagined would be there. "Bethany," he breathed into my mouth. The deep tone of his voice sent shivers down my spine. Then, he sat up against the bed frame, pulling me upright with him, and put his arms around my waist. He pulled me closer to him, holding me tightly. "Beautiful," He uttered, as if he didn't intend to say it aloud, and ran his hands up my sides. Letting instinct take over once again, I leaned in and bit his bottom lip and he moaned softly. "Fuck, what's gotten into you?" He joked with a gentle laugh before kissing me once again. After a moment, he pulled his mouth away from mine and although I tried to conceal it, I whined at the loss of contact. However, he then pulled my hair to one side of my head and brought his lips down to my neck. I felt every kiss, nibble, and swipe of his tongue against my collar bone. Honestly, before this I'd never understood how neck-kissing could be a turn on but now I was totally on board. I moaned and brought his hand to my chest.

Unfortunately, breaking the moment, my phone then began to ring. I pulled away from him with a sigh and he looked at me with an expression of confusion and...maybe even hurt? "I'm sorry," I said as I pulled the phone out. "It's my mom." I blushed in embarrassment, feeling like a child. "I'll be right back." I smiled gently, and his expression softened slightly.

"Where are you?" She asked as I walked out into the living room.

"With Niall, and Harry joined us too. We're at Niall's place." I lied.