Chapter 11

Harry's POV

I woke up to my annoying ass ring tone and rubbed my eyes. My head was throbbing as I groggily answered the phone. I was greeted by Bethany's nosy voice telling me about a phone call she eavesdropped on including me. Upon her explanation, I realized it was a call from Louis to someone else. I hoped it wasn't one of Lou or Dustin's trashy fight seekers.

Our conversation escalated to a small argument ending in her hanging up on me.

Good. Now she was gone and I didn't have to tread on any thin ice. Everyone was blocked out and I couldn't hurt anyone. It was nice to think Bethany and I maybe had something, but I was kidding myself.

I didn't even like her...

I pushed the thoughts out of my head as I noticed a small blood stain on my pillow from my lip. I threw the pillow case into the garbage as I entered the bathroom. As I washed the dried blood from my lip, it began to sting, but I ignored the pain. The bruising on my cheek had darkened into a purple-ish color.

I decided to take a shower, but it didn't relax me at all. Afterward, I put on my jeans and a white shirt and quickly ran a towel over my wet hair.

I was harshly reminded of the events of last night as I walked into the destroyed living room that reeked of vodka. I grabbed a garbage bag and cleaned whatever I could. The moment reminded me of the old parties in this house where I always ended up being the one to clean the following day. I hadn't had one here since my mom started showing up randomly.

I decided to go for a walk and somehow found myself at that walking trail at the park. As I walked by that bench, my mind tried to let some memories flood in from yesterday but I didn't allow them to. I laugh aloud at the fact that I was getting so sentimental yesterday with this girl. That was not me at all, and I was already done being like that.

I kicked at the rocks near the river while I thought about what to do for the day. After thinking, I decided I would just sit home. I didn't have the energy for people. I returned home after another half hour of kicking at rocks and looking at my reflection in the water.

As I opened the door, I saw my mother on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Um..." I said to get her attention. She hadn't noticed when I entered the house.

"Oh, Harry! I got a call from Zayn and I came and couldn't find you, I was so worried!" she exclaimed while hugging me. I didn't hug her back. I didn't want to or care to. I knew then that the phone call was with Zayn, and as one of her loyal watch-dogs, he told my mother.

"Are you okay?" she asked, lightly running her hand over the bruise on my cheek and examining the cut on my lip.

I nodded in reply.

"I want you to know, I don't blame you. It was Louis's fault."

I sighed in annoyance and walked over to the couch. She's making it out like it's such a big deal. Before this whole lockdown and supervision shit, I was in fights with people often. It wasn't a new thing. Probably just because it was my old best friend.

"Your father and I will be going to do some shopping today. Do you need anything?"

"His name is Robin and he is not my damn father." I snapped, but didn't look at her. She shifted her feet and looked at the ground, awkwardly waiting for a response. "No, I don't need anything."

She took a small breath before saying, "Zayn's going to come see you soon. I'm going to go now. I love you, Harry."

Come see you.