Chapter 14

Bethany's POV

I woke up to see '2 Missed Calls' on my phone screen and clicked the notification to see that it was Harry and then Niall. I felt sort of excited seeing that Harry had called, so I clicked on his contact and called him back first.

6 long rings later, I was led to his voice mail. With a sigh, I pressed the end key and then called Niall back.

"Hey!" he answered on the third ring.

"Hey! I saw you called, sorry I didn't answer. I just woke up!" I laughed.

"That's okay! I was just calling to see if you wanted to hang out or something. I'm so bored." he chuckled.

"Well, my brother came in and is staying for the week..." I told him.

"He can come with us if you'd like." he suggested.

"I'll talk to him and see. Can I call you back later?"

"Sounds good. Talk to you later."

I hung up the phone and pulled on jeans and a powder blue tee shirt before groggily making my way to the bathroom. Lazily, I tied my hair in a ponytail and continued the rest of my morning routine before going downstairs. On my way, I passed by the guest room where I could hear Liam lightly snoring.

"Morning, B. I made pancakes." my mother told me as I entered the kitchen. I pulled out a plate from the cupboard and sat down at the table.

"Liam and I got into an argument yesterday." I told my mom as I ate.

"About?"

"I don't even know. He was just kind of getting rude with me." I didn't feel like telling her the details.

She shrugged. "Boys will be boys. Just don't let it ruin your time seeing him."

As I finished my plate and put it into the sink, Liam came down the stairs.

"Morning!" he greeted with a smile. My mother returned the gesture, but I didn't. Honestly, I wasn't really that mad at him, because I knew he was right. But, I didn't want him to know that I wasn't angry, so I tried to hold up the fascade. When he sat at the table, I left the room, but he followed me despite my intentions to avoid him.

"Beth, listen-" he began, but I cut him off.

"It's fine. I'm over it." I said flatly, keeping my face on the TV screen while I carelessly flipped through the channels.

He sat down next to me on the couch and kept his eyes on me. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean it. I just said it out of frustration."

When I didn't reply, he sighed and looked at the ground. "Please don't be upset with me. I didn't mean to imply that you aren't strong enough to get through this. You are the strongest person I know, and I mean that."

His kind words slightly eased the ache of self-doubt in my chest, and I smiled at him. "Thank you. Really, it's okay. I forgive you." I told him honestly. It was useless to attempt to stay mad at him. He was so supportive.

"Do you have any plans for the day?" LIam asked, changing the subject.

"My friend Niall asked me to hang out with him, and he said you could join us if you'd like. But I'm not sure what's going on yet."

"So its this Niall a friend or a friend?" He teased with a smirk and nudged my arm.

"He's just a friend. I don't like him that way at all."

"So there's no need for any interrogations then?" he joked.

"No!" I laughed and playfully slapped his arm. Liam has always been protective over me. That's just how he is. It's just a brother thing.