Chapter 26

Bethany's POV

I woke up the next morning and thought about Harry's actions the night before. With his arms around me, I felt so protected. And when I cleaned the cuts on his knuckles, I could see the trust in his emerald colored eyes.

He obviously just liked to confuse me. But I was at the point where it didn't make me angry anymore. I welcomed his games.

He was a puzzle, that's for sure. But he was worth figuring out.

Harry's POV

I woke up on Niall's couch with the worst headache and my mind began to cloud with memories from the previous night. My jaw was throbbing and my knuckles were stinging. I stood up lazily and walked into the bathroom to inspect my injuries. My jaw was bruised and I had a black eye, but it was nothing compared to the broken nose that I gave to Dustin. I suddenly wished that I had punched Louis, too for trying to take advantage of Bethany.

I looked down at the cloth that was still in the sink that she had used to help me clean up my wounds. I remembered the way she looked at me with careful eyes as she rubbed the towel across my face. She had probably expected me to hiss in pain, but I was used to it by now, and therefore I stood there emotionless. Then, I remembered how it felt when she held my hands under the faucet. Her small hands were so delicate and hesitant so that she wouldn't hurt me.

I shrugged off the thoughts for the moment and exited the bathroom to join Niall in the kitchen. He handed me a cup of coffee as I sat down.

"Holy shit, your face." he remarked.

I scoffed and answered sarcastically, "I know, I'm still overwhelmingly hot even with a black eye."

His loud laugh echoed throughout the room, piercing my ears at such an early hour. When he stopped laughing, he asked, "So is Beth okay?"

I nodded.

"What is with you two? You were holding her to make her feel better, she wiped the blood off your damn face for you, but yet you guys are 'nothing'." he smirked and said using finger quotes.

I rolled my eyes and said nothing of the matter.

"Are you going to her grad party?"

I took a sip of my coffee before answering. "She didn't invite me."

"Oh." He took a spoonful of his cereal and dropped the subject. I really didn't care if she invited me. I wouldn't have expected her to.

After finishing the cup of coffee, I returned back to my own house. Niall said he would probably come over later. When I walked in the door, I was greeted with broken glasses, open drawers, and who knows what spilled all over the kitchen.

Those stupid fuckers trashed my house. Luckily, they didn't steal anything, probably because they knew I wouldn't hesitate to snap their necks.

Well, that's not entirely true. Louis used to be my best mate.

So, I'd hesitate to snap his neck.

Yes, I'd still do it, but at least I'd hesitate. That should count for something.

It took me a while to finish cleaning the kitchen, and by the time I was able to get everything in order it was eleven o'clock.

Since it was still early in the day, I decided to take a walk, figuring Niall would not come over until later. I let my feet lead me without my mind intervening and I eventually ended up at "our bench."

I tried hard to keep my mind from wandering to her but it wasn't effective. I kept seeing her brown eyes that turned a lighter shade- almost hazel- when she was excited or interested in something. I could hear her obnoxious yet contagious giggle, and I could see the way she covered her mouth when she laughed and threw her head back. Her body- her perfect body... She was delicate and fragile but held herself up with so much strength.

And I wished I could say that to her.

But then I remembered the way her eyes would turn dark when she was hurt, and her cheeks would turn red. I could see her teeth gritting when she was angry, and I could hear the way her tone changed whenever she snapped at me because of something I did. Her eyes would turn glossy and her chin would tremble in sadness over some shitty thing I called her.

And this was why I couldn't say it all to her.

~~A/N~~

So school just started, which is going to make updating very very difficult. I'm thinking I will start updating on Saturdays because every day after school I either have tennis or marching band and then I'll have homework to do. If I can some weeks, I will update twice. I hope this is okay. Please continue to vote and read :) I love you all!

P.S. Thanks for over 500 reads! Ahhh yay!

P.S.S. Sorry for the typos :|

**Stay Lovely**

xoxo

-Noelle ♡