Chapter 42

Harry's POV

"Welcome back! Henry, right?" Dan smiled too warmly.

"Harry." I corrected him bluntly and sat down in one of the very uncomfortable folding chairs.

There were a lot less people here now than there were the other times I'd been here. I guess it was probably because school would be starting up again within the next two or three weeks, so there's no time for mental health because it's always been taught that grades are more important. Ah, society.

I looked around and noticed that there were only 8 of us here, not counting Dan. And there was only one other boy who was presumably gay. I wasn't judging or sterotyping, but his Hello Kitty shirt kind of gave it away.

"So," Dan began. "Our topic for today is going to be... Acceptance."

I was already nauseous.

"Sometimes we have flaws that we cannot change about ourselves- like our height, our nose, or if we're just not good at something our friends might be good at..." He continued throughout his speech, telling us about how his high school best friend was naturally very talented at playing soccer. But no matter how much he practiced so that he could play too, he just wasn't very good at it. "Rather than dwell on the fact that I just wasn't cut out for it, I accepted it. And after accepting it, I was able to put my focus on new things, and learn about my love for helping others like you guys."

How cliché.

"So now it's time to share. Does anyone here have a flaw that they'd like to get off their chest." He asked, followed by silence. "How about you, Harry?"

Just my luck.

I sighed obnoxiously. "I don't know."

"There's gotta be something." he urged.

"No." I said flatly.

"C'mon." A tiny girl said softly from the corner. She had glasses that were too big for her face and her hair was drowning her out.

I sighed again with a shrug. "I'm rude, I guess."

State the obvious much?

"And you don't like this about yourself?" Dan asked.

"I don't know. It's fucked," I paused, realizing I was using some pretty harsh language. But then I realized I actually didn't give a shit, so I continued, "up to say, but it works in my favor sometimes." I admitted.

"How?"

"It just does." I said, growing aggravated. I felt like I was being interrogated, and that's not what I came here for.

"Who do you care about?"

When he asked the question, the first person who came to mind was Bethany. That kind of frightened me. I didn't want to care about her. But I felt like no matter how I tried to shove her out, she'd find a way back and honestly, sometimes I'd look for her to return.

Fuck. I wanted her, I really did.

"No one." I said. "Can you move the hell on to somebody else? I bet Hello Kitty over here's got some flaws too." I snapped, my tone laced with sarcasm. This session was making me think about things that I'd been pushing away for too long. It was defeating the whole purpose.

Support group ended within the next 20 minutes and I sped out of there as quick as I could, avoiding anymore questions. As I drove, Bethany broke into my head. I wanted to see her.

I got to my house quickly and impulsively called her when I got in the door.

"Hello?" She answered in a happy tone.

"Hey, um,"

"Shut up!" She whispered to someone else.

"You want him!" The voice said.

"No I don't! Stop!" She said in a hushed tone. Ouch.

"Sorry, Zayn's being a dick. What's up?"

Hm, so she's with Zayn, too. Probably on a date.

"I called the wrong number. Bye." I hung up the phone. Frustratedly, I made my way over to the couch and fell asleep within a half hour.

******

I was woken up not long after by my phone ringing.

Bethany, go figure. I thought about rejecting the call, but I wanted to hear from her, so I answered hesitantly.

"Hello?" I answered monotonously.

"Hey, is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine."

"Did you really call the wrong number earlier?"

"Yes. My life doesn't revolve around you."

Why had I said that. I sighed, frustrated with the way my brain worked.

"Okay, I'm sorry I just-"

"Wait, no." I said, taking a breath. "I meant to call. I was just, uh, going to ask if you wanted to come over?"

Shit Harry, you sound like you're mentally disabled.

"Oh, um, does the offer still stand?" I could see her smiling in my head.

"Sure."

"Okay, I'll be over in a bit." She said before saying goodbye.

She arrived shortly after and looked incredible. She was just wearing those tight legging things and a sweater but nonetheless, it showed off her body nicely. I think she noticed the way that I raked my eyes down her body because she blushed and looked at the floor.

"So, what do you wanna do?" She asked shyly.

"Whatever." I answered vaguely.

"Can I look at your books?"

I nodded and led the way to my room. She sat on the edge on the bed and looked at the book shelf. I laid across the other side, propping my head up on my elbow.

"What's your favourite poem?"

Here she goes again with the questions. I reached around her and pointed to a small white book. "Hand me that one."

~A/N~

Bit of an odd ending, I know. But I didn't wanna overdo it and there was really no better spot to end it.

I'm gonna use this author's note to do some promo 😂 Basically, I wrote this Larry short story on this account and there's 2 sections up so far (there will be a third). If you're into sad, tear-jerker Larry stories, check it out! Comments are more than welcome on it because I have like 2 😂 I also wrote another Larry short story that is only one part long, but I haven't updated it yet because it needs some revision, but it should be up soon!

Comments are also more than welcome on this because I don't get a ton, and I love hearing your thoughts!

Sorry for typos, I'm falling asleep as I write this. Thanks for reading!

Vote? Comment?

**Stay Lovely**

- n o e l l e 💕