A Nightmare Dinner Party

Start from the beginning

I couldn't help but scan the room for someone, there was no sign of him. 

Regardless, I walked down the stairs with a smile. When I reached the bottom, Jay held out his left arm for me to hold onto, which I gladly took and walked towards the makeshift stage that was made for the event. I managed to climb up the steps onto the stage without falling, and made my way to the podium, causing everyone's chatter to decrease. 

I suddenly had a whiff of Theo's delicious scent, making me perk up to see if he'd arrived. After seeing no signs of him, I realised his scent was coming from where I was standing; he must've done a welcoming speech beforehand. 

I took in the scene in front of me, in awe. About a hundred pack members, which surprisingly only makes up a small percent of the pack, were standing and waiting for me to make a speech. I wouldn't have ever imagined making a speech at a dinner party, that's being held in my honour at The BlackShadowed Pack.

If someone had told me that over a month ago, I would've laughed in their face and told them that they had a crazy imagination. Yet, here I was, about to make a speech as the warrior who defeated Irene Wolf. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Leona quietly making her way downstairs and stand beside her mate. She made it before my speech, if only Theo could make it...where was he?

"Hello, everyone. I'm Elisia Knight, Chief warrior of The Imperial Pride Pack. I am so pleased and grateful that you could all make it to this dinner party, I'm thankful to have been invited as the guest of honour. As you all may know, I have been crowned the winner of the recent fight between Irene Wolf and I, and I couldn't be any more happier. She's truly a great warrior that I'm glad to have fought against and proved herself to be the worthy opponent that I'd been looking for. She really lived up to her reputation. You all truly have a great Chief warrior, and I hope you cherish her as much as she deserves to be cherished." I began to say, speaking every word purposely and confidently. I took a glance at Irene, who appeared to look shocked and confused at what I had said. 

Doesn't the saying go, kill em with kindness? 

"I was so overwhelmed by the beautiful hospitality that my fellow pack members and I have received during the duration of our stay. The love and friendship we have gained from The BlackShadowed Pack is something that we will never forget." 

"WHOO!" 

A involuntary smile crept up on my face when I recognised the cry as Leona's voice. 

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for making our stay memorable, whether you are a chef, doctor, nurse, warrior, Beta/Beta female, Gamma and Alpha. Thank you." I finished with a shy smile. 

A loud roar of applause erupted from the crowd, sending waves of relief throughout my body. They liked my speech! I was so worried it was too simple and not fancy enough, but I figured saying my true thoughts and feelings would sound better. I stepped away from the podium and walked off the stage towards Jay.

"That was amazing!" He exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead. "I'm proud of you."

Leona and Julian reached us in no time, wearing equally happy expressions. "That was great, Elisia." Julian commented, grinning at me. "It was such a sweet speech, so sweet that I think it made Irene dizzy."

I laughed at that and said, "She couldn't believe what I was saying about her. It was probably the last thing she expected me to say."

I glanced back to where Irene was standing earlier and saw no sign of her. The crowd started to chat amongst each other and some began to approach me to congratulate me. I spent the next two hours meeting and talking to the guests, who all seemed so nice and genuine.