A Nightmare Dinner Party

Start from the beginning

"Navy is your colour!" She commented, admiring her dress on me. "Since I haven't worn it yet, you can have it."

I widened my eyes in surprise and shook my head. "No, it's fine! You don't have to do that, but thanks."

She rolled her eyes, and sighed. "It's yours. You can't change my mind, I'm really stubborn." 

I didn't argue back, but smiled gratefully in response. I looked down at the dress in awe, this is for me? She walked back to her closet and opened another section where her shoes were on display. 

"This is where I keep the fancy shoes, they're on show because they look pretty." She explained, looking for the perfect pair to match our dresses. "Heels will suits both of our looks, but if you'd like you can change into flats after your speech and after meeting people."

Her brow was furrowed in concentration as she scrutinised each and every heel on display. She looked like an angel or a pixie in her sleeveless, white dress. Her dress' length stopped just before her knees, adding a cute element to her look. 

"Yes! Found the perfect pair for us!"

She held up a pair of gold, strappy heels in one hand and silver ones in the other. "The silver is for you and the gold is for me, how does that sound?"

"Amazing." I replied smiling, taking the silver heels from her. I slipped them on, thankfully we were the same size, and was, yet again, blown away by how pretty and luxurious they looked. I started to walk around, trying to get used to the height as well as getting rid of the unease I have when I wear heels. 

"I think we're ready!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together in delight. She paused for a second, her eyes looking hazy and unfocused, indicating that she was mind-linking someone.   

"The party has been going on for a while so everyone else has arrived. Once we go downstairs, you'll do the speech you've prepared and then the party will resume to it's full swing." She told me, taking one last look in the mirror. "You ready?"

Taking a deep breath in, I smiled and said, "Yes, let's go."

We hurried out of the room and walked down the hallway to leave the West wing, before Leona groaned out loud and stopped. "I forgot my phone, I'm going back for it."

"Oh, okay. I'll wait here."

"No, you go on ahead. I told Julian you were on your way, and he said they're all getting ready for your speech. I don't even know where my phone is, somewhere in the bathroom or the actual room...?" She babbled, already hurrying back to her room. 

I watched her jog back, effortlessly in her heels, and saw her disappear into the room. I had to go down alone? 

Sighing out loud, I proceeded to walk out of the wing and into the upstairs lobby, where I could hear the hustle and bustle of the party in full volume. I leaned against the rail and looked down at the ground floor where everyone was, I saw a sea of people wearing their best clothes. 

I stepped away from the rail and took a deep breath in, I can do this! I made my way to the top of the staircase and started to come down the stairs, praying I don't trip in these heels. People's attention gradually fell upon me as I made my entrance.

I could already see a lot of familiar faces from where I was, Julian and Kobi were at the bottom of the stairs smiling up at me. Beside them was Jay in a black tuxedo, who sent me a wink and a grin when I caught his gaze. 

Among the crowd, I recognised the guy who picked me up from the waiting room and lead me to the fighting cage. He held a glass of champagne like the rest of the guests and sent me a nod when we made eye contact. Ethan, the doctor who I've had the pleasure of meeting, sent me a warm smile. I saw Irene standing near the front door, talking to a guy, not at all paying attention to me. Thank God for that, I was surprised she even came at all.