Sixteen

Riley's POV

"Slow down!"

I ignored Alicia as I ran after Charlie, my legs and throat were burning but I didn't care, I was going to kill that little bitch.

"You don't know where she is!"

I stopped running and studied the ground beneath my feet. I looked to the left, then to the right. Freshly broken twigs and crumpled leaves heading North showed me where she was heading.

"This way." I said, gesturing with my head in the direction I began to walk.

"How do you know?"

"Back in my old group, a man taught me all about tracking. Signs to look out for. Stuff like that."

"Sounds complicated."

"It is."

I jumped slightly as I heard a roar of thunder, looking up dark grey clouds began to fill the air.

"Looks like a storm is coming." Alicia said as she zipped her jacket up.

I nodded my head and carried on walking. We walked for a few more minutes, nothing but trees and a few walkers is what we came across. It soon started to rain and it was absolutely pouring it down. We were drenched within minutes and the wind was picking up fast.

"Maybe we should head back to the stadium."

"No. I'm not letting Charlie get away. She has to pay for what she did."

"She's not worth it." Alicia said pulling my arm.

"Not worth it?! She shot you! Stabbed Nick, let a van full of walkers out and killed my girlfriend! She's a murderer and she has to pay."

"But you'll become just what she is. A murderer."

"No. There's no such thing as jail or being arrested now. We are the law these days and I'm taking the law into my own hands and giving her the death penalty for her crimes. You wanna go back to the stadium? Then go. I'll be fine on my own."

"You know I'm not leaving you. Even if you're doing stupid shit, I'm with you. Always." Alicia said giving me a small smile.

The wind and rain got even more worse, we needed to find shelter. I held my hand out and Alicia gave me a confused look. "We need to get out of the storm and I don't want us being split up. It's getting dangerous out here."

Alicia nodded her head and grabbed my hand. I nodded my head at her and she nodded back, we ran as fast as we could, weaving in and out of the way of trees.

"Over there. I see a house." I pointed.

It didn't take long for us to reach the house. It looked pretty decent. Alicia checked the rooms whilst I went towards the living room. There was a fire pit. That'll be good if we can get it lit. There were a few cans of food and bottles of water on the island that led through to the kitchen. I grabbed two waters and two cans of food and brought them towards where the fire pit was.

I heard growling but it soon stopped. Alicia walked in and wiped the blood from her cheek before she came and sat next to me.

"Guess we're staying here until the storm stops."

"Mmhm." I nodded handing her a bottle of water. "It'd be even better if we could get this fire going."

"Let me work my magic." She grinned handing me her bottle of water. "We can dry our clothes and get warm."

Suddenly, the door flew open and the wooden shutters on the window began to open and close.

"You sort the fire and I'll sort that out?"

"Sure. Be careful."

"I always am."