Five

Riley's POV

Alicia had joined us for a drink and she was currently laughing and smiling with her friends. I was just sat quietly looking at the ground. I got lost in my thoughts, thinking about that group I was with before. Thinking about that evil bastard.

Rick Grimes.

The thought of him made me so angry. I didn't realise just how angry I was, until the wine went all over my hand. I squeezed the cup and it had broke in my hand.

"What is it today with people wasting their wine?" Strand sighed.

"I'm sorry." I apologised sarcastically. "I didn't realise that spilling wine was the main problem these days."

"To me it is, I can deal with the dead. But wine being wasted? Oh Riley, well that just breaks my heart." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. I was about to walk away when I felt a hand grab my wrist.

"Where you going?" Alicia asked.

"I just wanna be alone for a while."

She let go of my wrist and I turned around to walk away again. It was getting darker so I thought of a plan, I might be able to sneak away un-noticed.

I walked along the wall, my hand gliding across it, looking for any weak spots or gaps.

"You're not planning on leaving are ya?"

I turned around to see Madison walking towards me.

"Just checking to make sure its secure." I lied.

I know she didn't believe me but she didn't question me about it.

"Riley, what are you scared of?"

"I'm not scared of anything."

"You gotta be scared of something. You're running away for crying out loud." She said getting slightly mad. "I'm not mad at you or angry or whatever. I'm just worried about you."

"Well don't be. I'm not your problem."

"As long as you're in these grounds, you are my problem. We look after our own."

I licked my bottom lip and shook my head. "I'm not one of you. I hardly know anyone here. Everyone here hardly knows me. Some people don't even like me without knowing me."

"That's because they don't know you. They're worried you're like someone else we had here but if you stay and let them know you, then it'll be okay."

"I'll be putting you in danger if I stay."

"Why?" Madison asked raising her eyebrow. "Who are you running from Riley?"

"The old group I was with...The leader killed my Dad. They were best friends too."

"Maybe he was bit."

"No!" I shouted, tears escaping my eyes. "They were fighting and he shoved a knife inside my Dad's chest. He murdered him and I would've killed him if I stayed."

I broke down into a full sob, Madison didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around me. Hugging me tightly.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's okay." She whispered. "I got you."

"What happend?" I heard Ofelia ask.

"She told me about her Dad." Madison replied.

I felt someone hug me from behind and I could tell it was Ofelia. Soon I felt another body join our hug and another. I was in a group hug, with people that hardly knew me, yet they cared about me. This is the first time, I've felt safe since my Dad died. Maybe I should stay...Let's just see what tomorrow brings.