Forty Seven

The Next Day

Riley's POV

My entire body was in pain. Cuts and bruises covered almost all of my body. Nobody cared though, I didn't expect them to. However, Lydia did seem to care. She looked out for me. Making sure nobody was going to attack me. Making sure I was looking after my cuts.

I was currently sat in the dining area. Taking in my surroundings. Everyone seemed so normal in here compared to how they dress themselves out there.

I saw Lydia walking towards me, a tray of food in her hands. She sat down in front of me and pushed the tray towards me.

"Eat up, you'll need your strength."

"Why?"

"Alpha, Beta and a few others are taking you out on a run...To..Get your own skin."

I almost gagged. I couldn't believe I was going to have to wear that disgusting shit.

"You shouldn't have joined us." Lydia sighed.

"I had to protect Alicia." I growled. "I had to protect my family."

"And look what it's gotten you into. You're trapped here and until they trust you, you might get your ass kicked. Through the night too so I can't protect you." Lydia tilted her head to the side. "Is she really worth it?"

"Of course she is!" I shouted, slamming my hands on the table and standing up. "Everyone in that fucking group is worth it."

"Even Rick Grimes?"

I turned around to see Alpha walking towards us.

"I know how much you despise that man. So do we, he killed alot of my people. So we're going to kill his."

"No. We had a deal."

"We made no deals." Alpha laughed. "I just gave you my word that Alicia would he unharmed. And she will be. I just can't say the same for the others."

"Don't hurt Madison." Lydia said, almost begging.

"Oh I will take great pleasure in hurting that woman. She tried to steal my only daughter."

"I am not your daughter. You don't treat me like one. Madison is more of a Mom than you will ever be!"

The sound of skin to skin contact made everyone stop what they were doing. Lydia held her cheek as Alpha stared at her. In anger. In disgust.

"Don't you ever put your hands on her like that again." I warned as I grabbed Alpha by her neck.

"She's my daughter. I will do whatever I like to her." Alpha smirked.

Just as I was about to squeeze the life out of her, the entire building began to shake as a loud explosion could be heard outside. I let go of Alpha as everyone began to run.

Someone ran inside the dining area, looking for Alpha.

"It's Rick Grimes and his group. They're here."

I smirked and looked at Alpha. I knew they would come and get me. But I refuse to leave alone. I'm taking Lydia with me and it's tough shit if he doesn't like it. She's the only innocent one in this group. I'm going to keep her safe. I'm going to get her back to Madison.