Forty

Riley's POV

"I'm sorry."

I looked down at Alicia, she had stopped crying a while ago but I didn't see the point in moving.

She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes, I let go of her and sat up too.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked confused.

She shrugged her shoulders. "This isn't me. Crying, telling people not to leave me...It's not who I am."

I put my arm around her shoulders and pulled her towards me, giving her a side hug. "It's okay to cry. It's okay if you want someone to stay. It doesn't make you weak, in fact, it makes you strong because you're showing your normal, human emotions and you're not giving into this new world and letting it change you. You're being you and I think that's amazing. I think that's beautiful...Just like you."

I couldn't believe I just said that. I can't believe I called Alicia beautiful. I mean, she is but I didn't think I'd say it.

Alicia turned her head to look at me. "You think I'm beautiful?" She asked with a smile.

Seeing her smile sent a wamrth through out my body. "Yes. You're beautiful."

"You're not so bad yourself."

I laughed and she did too. It was nice being like this. Being close to Alicia. Touching her, I wanted to feel her lips on mine.

Woah. What?

"You okay?" Alicia asked looking concerned.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

I know Alicia didn't believe me, but she didn't question me. Instead, she cuddled into me, sending my heart crazy.

"Are you about to have a heart attack?" Alicia asked sitting up quickly. "Your heart is beating really fast." She laughed nervously.

"Maybe it's the effect you have on me."

"I have an effect on you?"

"Mmm, maybe."

Our faces had gotten closer, I couldn't believe I was out right flirting with her too.

"What effect would I have on you if I were to kiss you?" She asked just above a whisper.

"I don't know...But I'd like to find out."

Alicia leaned in and just as we were about to kiss, shouting from outside broke us apart.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST TAKE MY DAUGHTER AWAY FROM ME?! WELL I'LL TAKE YOUR SON AWAY FROM YOU!"

"Let him go." We heard Rick say calmly. "Nobody wants to take anyone away from anyone."

"Your daughter deserves a better Mother than you." Madison said.

Suddenly a gun shot was heard, causing us both to jump.

"NICK!" Madison shouted.

Alicia quickly jumped off the bed and ran downstairs. I followed behind, anger pulsing through my veins. I am not losing someone else, even if we're not besties, he's still family to me.

When we got outside, Nick was in Madison's arms, a slight graze on his arm.

"Are you okay?" Alicia asked.

"Yeah...It's just a scratch...But she saved me...If it wasn't for her shooting Alpha first then I'd probably be dead..."

"Who saved you?" I asked confused.

Alicia gasped as a small figure walked towards us, blood on her face and clothes but free of bite and scratch marks.

"Charlie!" Alicia grinned as she ran towards the young girl and wrapped her arms around her. Hugging her tightly.

Charlie turned her attention to me and she walked towards me. She surprised me, by giving me a hug.

"Hey Kid." I smiled hugging her. "Welcome back."