Eleven

Riley's POV

"Come on over here you ugly fuckers!" I shouted as I used my fists to hit the van, getting the walkers attention.

They growled and slowly hobbled towards me. They started to walk into the van and I sighed with relief as the plan was working.

"That's right, come on." I encouraged.

I saw that some walkers were struggling to get in, so I pushed the shutter down and gestured for Strand to bring me back up.

I held on to the chains tightly as I slowly moved up the cliff.

It was a scary experience, being so close to the dead and being so far down into the base of the cliff. I closed my eyes, not wanting to watch myself go higher and higher.

"You can open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes to see Alicia sitting on her knees in front of me.

"That wasn't so bad." I said, my voice coming out shaky.

"Were you bit or scratched?"

"I don't think so."

Alicia began to check me over and when she was satisfied I was clean, she smiled at me. "We're taking these about a mile out, you staying on here or do you wanna get back to your wife?"

"Wife? We've only just got together." I chuckled. "But I wouldn't write us off getting married..."

"Are you in love with her?" Alicia asked as a huge grin started to spread across her face.

"No, but it could happen. I've never been one to fall in love easily. Liking people? I could like about three different people within a week but then there's having actual feelings for them and not just having a small crush."

"You have actual feelings for her?"

"I do." I held my hands towards her and smiled. "Get me out of these chains."

Alicia reached into her pocket and pulled the key out, she unlocked the chain attatched to me and I jumped down from the van and moved my arms and legs around freely.

"I hate being chained up."

"It's good Ofelia isn't kinky then huh?"

I rolled my eyes and moved to the cliff edge to see there were a lot less walkers than before. We did one van at a time and we were the last so it was a quick job.

"So, future Mrs Salazar, do you want kids?"

"Woah, Alicia, you're moving MY relationship too fast." I laughed.

Alicia laughed too and shrugged her shoulders. "These are the important questions."

"Well, to answer, yes. I would like kids, but not now. Not when the world is like this."

"Fair enough."

Alicia turned around to put the chains in the van and just as I was about to walk away, I felt something pull me down.

"SHIT!" I shouted as I held on to the edge of the cliff. I looked down best as I could to see a walker had grabbed my boot.

I tried to kick it away but it made my grip loosen.

"Riley!" Alicia exclaimed as she grabbed my arms and tried to pull me up. "I'm not strong enough." She said fustrated. "STRAND!!"

I continued to kick and it eventually fell but so did I. Alicia went further over the edge to keep me up. "STRAND!" She shouted again. "You're gonna be okay." Alicia reassured. "I got you."

"Let go." I whispered, feeling my feet slip against the cliff wall.

"No, I got you."

"I'll be okay. Trust me."

"If I let you go, you'll die."

"No. I can just slide down and I'll find another way out."

"There's too many dead down there for you to handle on your own."

If she didn't let go then we'd both fall and we would be dead. I took a deep breath and stared into her tear filled eyes. "I'll be okay." I let go of her hands and she cried out my name as I began to fall down the cliff.

I managed to stop myself falling and I just began to slide down the rocky cliff. The walkers greeted me at the bottom but I quickly ran through them all before they could get me. I ran around trying to find a way out but there was nowhere to go. The walkers were closing in and I had nowhere to run.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes, waiting to be ripped apart but instead I fell backwards.

I quickly stood up and saw that I had opened a door. I quickly shut the door just as the walkers reached me. They're banging and growling made me jump, especially seeing as I was now in the dark. I have no idea what this is or where I am but atleast I was safe.

I pressed my hands against the wall and began to walk, using the walls to guide me. I turned left, then carried on walking, I turned right. Straight, left, left, right. It was like a maze, a maze I would never get out of. That was until I saw some light in front of me.

I broke out into a run and used all my strength to push the door open. I was instantly greeted by a man and a woman.

"Who the hell are you?!" He shouted as he grabbed me by the neck and held me against a tree.

I scratched at his arm, struggling to breathe as he choked me. He glanced to my wrist and his eyes widened.

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?!" He shouted louder as he moved his hand from my neck to my wrist. He let go of my wrist and punched me in the stomach.

I fell to my knees, trying to get air into my lungs but I struggled to breathe. He kicked me in the side and I fell on to my back.

"Did you kill her?" He asked crouching down.

"Ki-Kill who?"

"The person that bracelet belonged to?"

I shook my head and he grabbed me by my hair. "THEN HOW DID YOU GET IT?!"

"She gave it to me."

"Who?!"

"My girlfriend."

"WHO?!"

"A woman named Ofelia."

"Ofelia?" He asked calmer.

"Yes, Ofelia Salazar, and if you hurt her I will fucking kill you."

He chuckled and let go of me, he helped me up and kept his arm around me for support.

"I would never hurt my daughter."

"Daughter?"

"Yes. My name is Daniel. Daniel Salazar...I'm Ofelia's Father."