Thirty Seven

Riley's POV

We ran. We ran, and we ran. We didn't stop running. I didn't know where we were going, I don't even think we had a set destination. We just had to keep going.

"Keep going!" Madison shouted from behind.

A walker came out from behind a car but I swiftly dodged it, its growling came to an end as someone put it down as we ran.

In the distance, I saw cars gathered in front of a house. I squinted my eyes and I saw...

"Alicia!" I grinned. "Strand! Madison! They're here!"

I pushed my legs to go faster, my body ached all over and I felt like I was gonna throw up but I had to keep going...I just had to keep going...

Suddenly, I was tackled to the ground. I saw a walkers face but it didn't try to bite me. Instead it raised a knife and tried to stab me.

"What the fuck?!" I shouted as I grabbed its arm and used all my strength to keep the knife at bay.

"GET OFF HER!" Strand shouted as he pushed whatever it was off of me.

"Lydia! Go home!" Madison shouted.

"No! You can't leave me. I need you."

"I promise I'll come back for you but please, go!"

Lydia...Glenn and Maggie told me about her. She was with the group when I was taken ill...She must have gone back to The Whisperers or they took her back.

"Shit." I started to run again, I had a feeling that the others were in danger. I wasn't too far away, I wanted to shout but I kept my energy for running.

A smile crossed my face as I got closer, the first person I noticed was Alicia. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her. I hadn't felt so happy in a long time. I was almost there...Just a little push.

"ALICIA!" I shouted.

Then she turned her head...

Alicia's POV

We had stayed in this stupid town for about three days now. Rick, Daryl and Nick had tried to make me eat since we got here but I refused. It finally sank into my brain that Riley was gone. She wasn't coming back.

"You gotta eat something." Nick said as he squatted down in front of me.

"Later."

"No." He shook his head. "You keep saying later but you never do eat."

"Just leave me alone Nick." I snapped.

Nick sighed and stood back up. "I know you loved her."

"I still love her even though she's gone. I've never fallen in love so easily before...I didn't know it was an actual thing y'know...But it is." Tears began to fill my eyes. "Why does everyone leave me? Everyone that means something to me."

"I'm still here."

"I know." I smiled.

Nick leaned down and kissed the top of my head before he walked away.

Sitting on the porch steps had kinda became my place. Nobody told me to move. Nobody told me to go inside. It was my place. My place to think and be alone.

But I didn't want to be alone. I wanted Riley.

"ALICIA!"

My heart skipped a beat as I slowly turned my head to the right. This couldn't be real. I stood up and started walking upwards.

Once she got closer I started to run. "RILEY!" I grinned as happy tears filled my eyes.

We soon collided with eachother, our arms wrapped around eachother. We both began to cry happy tears. I pulled back slightly, keeping my arms around her.

"You're here. You're really."

But she wasn't alone. I slowly removed my arms as I looked behind her.

"Strand." I quickly walked towards him and hugged him.

He smiled at me before pulling away and stepping to the side. I gasped as I began to sob.

"Mom."