Twenty One

Riley's  POV

The rain had slowed down but it didn't matter, Alicia had managed to get the car working that was in front of the house. She was driving, I was next to her and Charlie was layed down in the back reading a comic book that was on the seat.

It wouldn't be a long trip, we'd be at the stadium fairly quickly. No doubt Madison and Nick would be worried about Alicia.

"Did you check the glove compartment for anything?" Alicia asked.

"No, I assumed you did."

"No."

I opened the glove compartment and saw a few cassette tapes, a small first aid kit and a gun. I pulled the small gun out and looked to see how many bullets were inside.

"Perfect. It's got a full round in." I grinned. "Charlie, do you have a weapon?" I asked turning to look at her.

She sat up and shook her head. "I left all my things back at the house. I didn't have much anyway. Nothing worth keeping. Just clothes and a book or two."

I handed her the gun and gave her a warning look. "I'm trusting you with this."

"You can trust me." She said seriously as she placed the gun next to her.

I gave her a small smile before turning back around. I looked at the cassette tapes, some old music, some really old music, some music I had never even heard of.

"Oh wow." Alicia laughed as she glanced towards the cassette tapes in my lap. "Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. Mom would sing that all the time when I was a kid. Said it was her all time favourite song."

"I Hate Myself For Loving You." I read the song title out loud.

Alicia began to hum to herself what I assume is the song so I figured out how to put the cassette tape in.

"Would you like to do the honours?" I laughed.

Alicia nodded her head and pressed play, as soon as the music started, she was bopping along. I couldn't help but smile as I watched her dance and sing along. This is probably the happiest I've seen her.

"I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING YOU. CAN'T BREAK FREE FROM THE THINGS THAT YOU DO. I WANT TO WALK BUT I RUN BACK TO YOU THAT'S WHY, I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING YOU!" She sang loud as she possibly could.

Once the song ended, an old country song that none of us heard of began to play so I turned the volume down a little.

"Ohh that was awesome." She grinned.

"I can tell you had fun."

She nodded her head but her smile slowly faded and she looked around confused.

I looked away and saw that we were reaching the stadium but it was clear something had happend. The walls were black and burnt, slightly falling apart walkers were entering and exiting.

"Jesus Christ." 

"What happend?" Charlie asked.

"It looks like the stadium went up in flames." I replied. "But the real question is...Did anyone make it out?