Thirty Four

Riley's POV

I had layed back down, my head was throbbing. I regret sitting up so quickly, I feel like I'm gonna puke again. June was injecting me with something as John continued to press the wet towel against my face.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked weakly.

"Because I told them to." Strand answered. "And because they're two of the few decent people left in this messed up world."

"I used to be a nurse too so you can trust me when I say I know what I'm doing. I'm injecting you with antibiotics. You have a real bad infection going on."

"Have I improved much?"

"Well you're awake. That's a start." She smiled at me.

"Did you get the walkie? I wanna talk to Alicia, tell her I'm safe."

"I'm afraid I didn't pick up the walkie. I was more concerned about you." John said sadly. "I'm terribly sorry."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"Is everyone else okay?" Strand asked.

"Charlie's dead. Madison is still missing. Nick is fine. Luciana got attacked by the people who set the stadium on fire and my old group is back."

"Yes, yes I know about your old group. Rick Grimes, he tried to save as many people he could."

"Do you know where they're headed?" June asked. "Maybe you could meet up with them."

"They could be anywhere now."

"In that case. Doctors or nurses orders, we're not looking for them until you're one hundred percent fit and healthy. Alright?"

I sighed but nodded my head. "Yes ma'am."

"Good. Now get some more rest. Fighting an infection, other than medicine, sleep is your best friend."

June and John left the room whilst Strand took over John's place with holding the towel against my face.

"Get some sleep. I'm not leaving. I'll be right here when you wake up."

"Thanks Strand." I said tiredly as my eyes grew heavy and soon I was sleeping again.

My dreams were filled with something my reality lacked of. Happiness. I wish my dreams would become reality so these days I can't wait to sleep because when I do. I'm finally happy.

A New World - Fear The Walking Dead FanFiction (GirlxGirl)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara