Fifteen

Riley's POV

I couldn't sleep that night. I knew Alicia wasn't sleeping either. She was just layed there, silently crying. Daniel had left. He didn't wanna be part of this group. He blamed everyone here, especially Madison for Ofelia dying. He allowed me to keep the bracelet which I was grateful for.

I just sat on the bed, staring at the bracelet and using my finger to gently trace her name that was engraved on the silver.

I sucked in a deep breath, trying to stop myself from crying again. I needed to focus on something else.

I grew angry as I thought about Charlie. I didn't know what she looked like.

"Alicia."

"Hmm?"

"What does Charlie look like?"

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Because I don't wanna hesitate to kill the bitch."

- - -

The Next Morning

I hadn't slept all night, I wasn't even tired. I was just angry. The anger had replaced the sadness. I went outside, of course followed by Alicia and went to see Madison.

She was leaving her room and when she saw me, she smiled. "Morning girls."

"I need to get out of here. I will go crazy if you keep me locked up within these walls. Please, let me go out for a walk."

Madison looked at me and then glanced to Alicia. She tilted her head as she thought about it. "How do I know you're not gonna try anything?"

"I'm not gonna hurt whoever comes out with me...The only person I wanna hurt is Charlie."

"Is this what you wanting to go out is all about? You wanna go and find Charlie?"

"I don't know what she looks like, so no. Of course not. I just wanna get out of here for a while. Clear my head."

Madison nodded her head and reached into her boot and handed me my knife. "Alicia will go with you. Don't stay out too long."

I nodded my head and took the knife from her, placing it in my boot this time. Alicia grabbed her gun from the back of her jeans and checked how much ammo she had. She also had her knife so it wasn't too bad if she ran out of bullets.

Alicia and I walked to the gates in silence, she tried to speak but nothing came out. She was like most of the people here, she didn't know what to say.

Crazy Dog stopped in front of me. He noticed Alicia and stepped to the side, allowing the gate to be opened. As soon as the gate was opened I broke out into a run.

It was something my Dad told me to do, if you're ever angry or upset. Go for a run, clear your head. It's better than punching someone or some thing.

I ran into the woods, our favourite place to run together was in the woods. We'd look out for different types of birds, foxes, even grass snakes. My Dad taught me alot about surviving in the wild. I also learned some tips from a man in my old group. He taught me to track, he was like a brother to me. He's the only one I miss.

Suddenly, I was snapped from my thoughts when I saw a girl, standing in front of me. Dirty and terrified.

"You okay?" I asked her as I placed my hands on my knees, catching my breath.

She nodded her head but didn't speak.

"You on your own?"

She nodded again.

"Are you injured? You been bit?"

She shook her head.

"My name's Riley. I live in a safe place with alot of people. You can come with me if you want."

She gasped and turned around, breaking out into a run.

"Son of a bitch."

I turned around to see Alicia stood behind me, gun aimed.

"What the fuck Alicia? She was just a kid."

Alicia scoffed and put her gun back in the inside of her jeans. "That wasn't just a kid. That was Charlie."