The Sides

Ein's POV

Just as I suspect... He'd ask that question.

"You know already our names why ask again?." Katie said.

"I mean... Who are you? I know your names but not your past. What do you want?." Genesis said as he stood up.

"We want to know what you and that demon mistress did to Avenir." Heidi said still fiddling with the pen.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said looking away.

"I know that look Genesis. What did you do?." Katie asked.

"Okay! All I know is that.... Cathy threw her off the cliff... Then it was the end! I don't know anything else! All I know is that I worked for them... They forced me into it. Even my own mother forced me to it! And now! She's gone because my mother failed to serve her..... I don't know anything else.."He said breaking down in tears as he slowly sat down the couch, holding his head in his palms.

Katie gave me a saddened look. I looked away. I knew what she had to do...

" Genesis... "Katie said in her calm voice.

"You see, you're not the only one who lost a family member. Well, for you, you didn't lose everyone.." Katie said with sadness lacing in.

"W-what do you mean?." He asked.

Heidi patted my back,"I know this isn't going to be going down good... But be strong for the team okay?." Heidi said walking to Katie's side.

"I.. We.. Lost everyone. We're the.. Last one's left.." Katie said.

I turned my back away... This is not going to go down good Katie.

"Last one's left? Wait--."

"Yes... Our family was working for that demon mistress.... And.. The reason was.. That... Our.." She broke down in tears.

"Katie... Take it easy, you can explain it later..." Heidi said in a calming way.

I turned around and saw Katie crying. I opened my arms for her to hug and she ran directly at me. She gave me thw tightest hug. She didn't want to recall that very day...

"You see, our family was pulled into the tricks of the mistress. But the one who was the most closest to that devil was Our big sister. Annie. Annie Smith. She was also the reason why our parents disappeared... The whole family disappeared..."

"Ein..." Heidi says.

"O-our sister, cheated on her and told another ally about the things the mistress would do.... Every wrong doing or mistake, a person dies In front of us... The last thing I knew.. Was that Annie... Annie destroyed the old headquarters and that was the reason we arrived here... "I said stroking my only sisters hair.

" A few days later, we were kidnapped... We were placed in front of Annie and the huge mistress... We were about to die at that moment... Katie cried and I begged Annie to save us and she did so... She freed us and told us to run to a safe place..... We followed what she asked." I said.

" But as we turned back.... Just to see if Annie was coming.. " I said.

" She was teared limb from limb by the mistress herself. Her screams and her tears running down her face still S-scarred u-us for life!. "Katie cried yet again.

" I'll handle this... "Heidi said bringing Katie to another part of the headquarters.

I looked at Heidi... Her past was also devastating... Never to be discussed in front of strangers... But somehow I hope, she would tell this numbskull.

" W-Wait! Who sent you guys?. "Genesis asked.

I smiled.

"I did."