90: im gay

"you can do this" riley said.
"why am i so scared? my parents are so supportive" i replied.
"you're alexa. you're like that" she smiled fondl and i did too. she then kissed my forehead and squeezed my hand.
"you can do this" she let me go and stood at the front door waiting.

"hey" sarah smiled when she saw me.
"hey" i sat down next to brendon. i involved myself in the conversation then nervous energy filled me. what if they didn't accept me. shut up alexa! they will of course! but would it be an issue? never in a million years. what would they say?
"i need the bathroom" i quickly left the room and bursted into tears. riley held me close while i quietly let it out.
"i cant do it" i whispered.
"yes, you can. they're always going to love you. no matter who you love. remember that" she kissed me gently and wiped my eyes before i went back in.

"you okay?" sarah asked.
"perfect" i was smiling a little. my parents looked at me then at each other smiled. the talking carried on. i stayed quiet as i was really nervous.
"we should go tomorrow"
"not tomorrow"
"why not?"
"i have to go to vegas"
"oh yeah! i haven't even packed for that yet!"
"me neither"
"im gay" i blurted out.

my parents looked at me.
"gay as in 'i like my own gender meaning im a lesbian'" sarah asked.
"yeah" i breathed out. woah.
"im glad you know who you are now" brendon said, ruffling my hair.
"and" riley walked in and took hold of my hand. "we're back together" i said.
"i knew it!" brendon exclaimed.
"uhh no! WE knew it!" sarah spoke.
me and riley just smiled at them before they turned to us.

"i can't believe you two are adults now. you've both matured so much and learnt from your mistakes. you're both gonna do great" brendon grinned. "riley, d'you like pasta?"
"love it" she smiled gleefully.