6: alexas secret

tw sh

"hey c-can i talk to you?" i said quietly.

sarah was at work and brendon had just finished in the studio. he was playing video games while the dogs snoozed at his feet.my dad paused his game and looked at me.
"you good?" he asks. i shook my head and bursted into tears. he pulled me down next to him and gave me a nice hug.
"i-i was too scared to tell you as i'd been clean for a month but i-it started again a-and i feel awful " i sobbed.

"you didn't..." he knew straight away. 
"i-im sorry i-i just-" he cut me off.
"it was so fucking brave of you to tell me. you do not need to be sorry at all, okay? im proud of you for coming to me and trusting me" he said nicely. i nodded even though i was sobbing.
"here" he took my hand and led me to my room.

"so...do you mind telling me where they are?" he asked gently. i let go of his hand and went in my underwear draw. i took out the box and handed it to him. he opened it up and i looked away.
"jesus christ" he muttered. he took my hand and led me to his room. he closed it and handed me the box. after opening the trash can he turned to me.
"its time to throw it away" he said.
"what?"
"we're getting rid of it forever" he explained. "but...what if i need them?"
"darling, i promise you you wont ever need them again. let's count to three, year?" he put his hand on my shoulder. i took a deep breathe.

"one
two
three"

tears rolled down my cheeks as the box fell. the bin snapped shut and i let out a sniffle. i felt weight lift off my shoulders.
"how did that feel?" brendon asked me. i turned to him.
"really good" i admitted.
he grinned. "good. c'mon lets get you something to eat. but first" he went to sarahs dressing table and took a rubber band off the table. he walked over and slipped it onto my wrist. i took the opportunity to hug him. "thank you so much" i whispered.

"always"