22: the date

"can i come over?" riley asked over the phone. "is that even a question?" brendon said. me and sarah laughed.
"im stuck with annoying daniel!" she exclaims. "tell him to come too!" i said.
"whos daniel?" sarah asked.
"her twin brother" i replied.
"double riley?" brendon looked stressed.
"help me! say he cant come!" riley whined.
"nice fucking try" daniel yelled before the call ended.
"oops"

a few minuets later riley was pounding on the door. i opened it and she jumped in and slammed the door.
"i managed to get away" she pulled me into the kitchen and drank my water. "m
"he's so nice!" i sighed.
"nice!? hell no! he's the worst!" she exclaimed.
"whatever" i yawned and rubbed my eyes. it was eight o clock in the morning.

"you eaten?" sarah asked her.
"nah" she replied.
"i'll make you some gay cereal" i told her.
"please do" she replied.
"whats gay cereal?" brendon asked me.
"lucky charms" i responded.
"of course they are"

i scrolled through Instagram while riley leaned on my side, eating.
"couple goals" brendon coughed.
"yeah we're hot" i joked. riley finished her cereal and went to my room.
"so...about that kiss" sarah grinned.
i closed the door.
"nothings going on between me and her" i told them.
"i dont know. the way she leaned on you" brendon pointed out.
"shes gay" i said.
"true"
"was it a good kiss?" sarah asked.
"well..." i went red. my parents gasped and grinned. i giggled. "i
"knew you liked it!" sarah exclaimed.
"i don't like her in that way though!" i said.
"plus i dont want to date for a while. im 14 and me and janice broke up three months ago and its still..." heartbreaking.

"here" brendon opened his arms and i fell into them. "you're gonna be okay. i promise" he mumbled into my hair.
"aww" sarah swooned. he smiled over at sarah as he held me close.
"ok let go of me before i cry happy tears" i mumbled.

i went to my room and riley was wearing my hoodie and looking through my memory box. she was looking at the photo of me and janice, sniffling.
""why are you looking through my stuff?" i took the box and put it in the closet.
"i-i just..." she sighed.
"whats up with you?" i said.
"i-its nothing" she said.
"you're crying" i pointed out. she wiped her eyes.
"do you promise not to get mad?" she whispered.
"what is it?" i sighed.

"you know that date i had" she said. i nodded. "i didn't think we had the same person. like the names were the same a-and i never knew how yours looked. then we were talking and she said i reminded her of you. a-and then i realised it was her. i-i kept texting her because i-i liked her a lot. but after i kissed you it felt so wrong. i-i knew for two fucking months! i-i broke it off but it still feels so wrong!"
"riley i have no idea what you are saying" i said bluntly.
she took a deep breathe. "i went on a date with janice. your ex janice"

my best friend.
went on a date with my ex girlfriend. and was in a relationship for 2 months.
and lied to me.

"g-get out" i said shakingly.
"alexa please!" she put her hand on my arm. i got up and moved away.
"go"
riley stood up but i turned away from her.
"alexa i-it didn't mean anything-" i spun around.
"GO!" i shouted.

tears rolled down her cheeks. she bolted out of the room, down the stairs, slamming the front door.
"alexa? what happened? rileys crying" brendon walked in and saw me shaking. i bursted into tears right in front of him.