20: first kiss

"somethings off about you" riley commented. me and her were doing homework and my parents were drinking coffee and watching friends.
"what do you mean?" i asked her.
"somethings wrong" she replied.
"me? girl. you never told me how your date went" i shot.
"i didn't?" riley went slightly red.
"no! you never spilled!" i exclaimed.
"whatever"
"fine. i wont tell YOU anything"
"thats not fair!" she exclaimed.
"how hot was she then? tea! now!"
"no!"

"two best friends" brendon sighed.
"lets make out" riley said.
"sure" i joked. we laughed then tidied our math stuff away. "they're the weirdest - i love them" sarah said to brendon as we left the room. i turned on dodie and we laid on my floor. riley turned her head to face me.
"can i tell you something?" she asks me.
"sure" i looked at her.

"i've never kissed anyone" she admitted. "really?" i was shocked. a girl like riley had never kissed anyone??
"its so embarrassing" she muttered.
"riley we're 14. trust me its so so normal and not a big deal" i responded.
"really?" she asks nervously.
"really. that first kiss you have should be with someone you genuinely love. there should be a connection. you get me?" she nodded.

"d-do you mind if i try something?" she asks me.
"go ahead" i sat up, stupidly not knowing what she meant. she sat up and put her hands on my cheeks before she leaned forward and connected our lips together.

woah.
riley just kissed me.

i pulled away.
"riley" i looked her in the eye. "do you like me?" i asked her.
"gross! uh it just felt unfair. neither of us have kissed anyone" she shrugged.
"it was good" i said. she giggled nervously and i did too.

riley left ten minuets later. i went back downstairs to see my parents watching a movie - kinda. brendon was on his notes while sarah played with snapchat filters.

"me and riley kissed"

they both looked up.
"what did you say?" sarah furrowed her eye brows.
"riley kissed me. i kissed back. and im confused as fuck" i sighed.
"how exactly did it go?" brendon put his phone down as i sat down.
"we were talking about kissing as thats what gay females do. then she said she'd never kissed anyone which is weird. then i said how a first kiss should be special and shit then she asked if she could do something and i was oblivious. then she kissed me. i kissed back then moved. then she said its unfair both of us had never kissed anyone"

"im calling it now that shes bullshitting" brendon said.