35: becoming closer

me and brendon had grown closer. i'd let sarah in eventually. but i trusted brendon more. i felt bad but it didn't bother sarah. "i just want you to be okay. i honestly don't mind if you'd rather talk to B about this stuff"

the next day i was having my daily crying. my life sucks. all i do is cry. i hate it.

"heyy" brendon smiled when he saw me and knocked on my open door. i wiped my tears and sat up.
"you look beautiful" he sat next to me and ruffled my hair. "how'd you sleep?" he asked.
"i had a bad dream" i sighed.

he put his arm round me and squeezed me gently.
"are you sure you dont wanna sleep on the floor in my room?" he asked me. i nodded.
"you want something to eat?" he asked.
"okay" i got up. "i need to stop being so scared" i sighed.
"you're doing great" he added as we left my room.

i left my room.

we went downstairs but i was feeling a bit sick we made it downstairs and sarah smiled when she saw us.
"my two favourite people" she commented as we sat down. i rubbed my eyes and leaned against brendons side.
"shes so adorable" sarah whispered.
"a true angel" brendon replied. the doorbell rang. fuck.
lwait here" he got up and went to get it.

"hi" i knew that voice.
"you're...janice. right?" brendon asked.
"yeah. can i see alexa?"
"i-i don't think thats a good idea"
"i heard about what happened. i wanna help"
"its not what she needs right now"
"i helped her before! i-i can now"
"im sorry you cant see her"
"but i know her better than you guys!"
"don't use that card. you cheated on her and dated her best friend with no remorse. if you really knew her better than we did then you'd know that shes too precious to be treated like that. stay the fuck away from my daughter"

he closed the door and came back.
"thanks" i said as he leaned his head on sarahs shoulder stressfully.