41: back to school

i sat at my dressing table brushing my hair. i hummed along to troye sivan as i tied it half up into a bun. my black harry styles sweater felt warm and comforting. i rolled up my jeans a little to show off my fishnet tights. i headed downstairs with my bag and saw my parents already downstairs. sarah had made me breakfast while brendon was waiting patiently by the stairs with a present.
"i got you something"

"you shouldn't have!" i said as i hugged him gratefully. i opened it up. "oh fuck. yeah you should have" i added. inside was an alarm.
"you pull the chain and it goes off real loud. so if that dick touches you then you're good"

no one knew it was ian.
well. thats a lie.

everyone figured it out.
i kept saying "he" by accident and said it was a friend. i hadn't said his name but riley had dropped angry hints on twitter. she asked me if she could and i said yes but no name...but she had lowkey exposed him.
"thank" i said as he attached it to the bell loop on my jeans.
"no problem. you remember that self defence right?" he asks as we headed to the kitchen.
"i asked zack to come over so he could help practice" sarah added as i sat down.
"again?" i grinned. it was hella fun last time.
"yup" she smiled, putting a plate in front of me.
after i ate i tortured zack. then brendon and sarah both came with me to school. we arrived a little later so the students wouldn't bombard them.

i'd missed nine months of school but i had caught up thanks to riley sending me all her notes. it was a new year already! i zoned out while brendon and sarah explained. they didn't say a name or if it was a student in the school - they knew i didn't want to tell. i hugged them both goodbye and headed to period 2. i opened the door and all eyes were on me.
"welcome back alexa" my teacher said. i nodded in reply and went to sit down. riley moved her bag and gestured for me to sit. i walked over and sat down and copied her notes, like nothing happened.

we walked out of period 2, her arm around me. i adored her and knew my assault wasn't her fault - i apologised to her as i'd just yelled at her a lot. and i trusted her a lot.
"its good to have you back" she said.
"its good to be back" i responded as we found dylan and jake. me and dylan shared a handshake while jake and i had a flimsy high five - i'd missed them so much.

as we walked down the hallway people sent me smiles and said hi! it was sweet but i knew it was just sympathy. we made it to my locker and tears filled my eyes. there were photos, hearts and sweet notes on it.
"oh my god" i exclaimed.
"riley put a note on there and it escalated to this" jake told me.
"i fucking love people" i commented, snapping a photo.

period 3 and 4 went by fine. sarah texted me to ask if everything was good too. after we ate lunch i told my friends i would meet them on the football field while i put my container away. i walked down the hallway and slid my food container in my locker. i closed it and jumped.
"you fucking slut"

i was face to face with ian.

he shoved me against the locker. memories filled my head.
"you little bitch" he hissed. people were staring. i took a deep breathe and smiled at him.
"hi ian"

then with all my strength i kneed him in the balls. he groaned and fell to the floor. "dickwad" i rolled my eyes and walked away while people laughed. i got my phone out and dialled for brendon.
"hey darling! everything okay?" he asks.
"i tried technique one on ian. fucking epic!" i laughed.