71: riley tries again

"HEY LOOK MA I MADE IT!" me and tony yelled at the top of our lungs. brendon and sarah sat at the table drinking coffee talking whole abby sat on the ground playing with the dogs. me and tony were making cookies and blasting my music loud.

"that songs so good" abby said.
"i wonder who wrote it" i joked.
brendon heard and smiled as sarah spoke to him. she was smiling too.
"okay oven time" i said. sarah would not let me get hurt so she insisted.
tony and abby tidied up while i did the dishes. after that the doorbell rang. i washed and dried my hands and went to answer the door.

i opened it to see riley.
"turn the music down!" i called to tony.
"sure!" i turned to riley.
"hi" i said. she nodded.
"h-have you got visitors?" she sniffled.
"yep" i responded.
"can i come in?" she asked.
"we're kinda busy..." i trailed off.
"please" she hoped.
"we're tidying up right now"
i had to be strong. but i had little fear inside.

"who's at the door?" abby asked.
"riley" i said.
"again? geez..."
i shushed her and stepped outside. i closed the door behind me.
"its more private here" i told her.
she took a deep breathe. "i-i really want to give us another try. please" she said.
"i've already told you no" i replied.
"please" she begged. i sighed.
"riley look. if you have feelings for me and i don't feel the same then it wont work out" i explained.
"m-maybe you do!"
"i don't" i shook my head. "what we had was good. but i don't want to go back there. what if we break up again?"
"we'll figure it out!" she gabbled.
"look im really sorry. honestly. but...its a no" i went back inside the house and closed the door.

"what happened?" tony asked.
"she asked me out again. i said no"
"good for you!" he praised me.
"when is she going to realise you don't want her back?" abby sighed.
"i mean...i have a little sympathy. but she cant treat me like-a shit and expect me to go back to her" i responded. we finished tidying up and went to my room. we went on my tv and watched dan and phil while we waited for the cookies to finish.