chapter 1: garden godess

Start from the beginning

"Wow! Thats impressive! Now tell me who are you eager to meet tonight?" The interviewer asked and pointed the mike to Crystal for her to answer.

"Oh! I have yet to meet this guy that helped me earlier—"

The interviewer nodded along and making expressions as she recalled recent events. "Oh, Shawn Mendes!" She said.

"Yeah, is that his name? He seems like a sweet guy so I can't wait to meet him." Crystal answered. Unfortunately the music was too loud and she barely heard the name of the guy.

"Im sure he's a sweet guy. And he's cute too!" The interviewer commented.

"Oh yes! He's gorgeous!" Crystal couldn't help but agree, laughing a little after realizing she sounded so blunt about it. But to her, it was the truth. The two thanked each other then she moved to another interviewer.

Shawn Mendes

Meanwhile, a little further from Crystal, Shawn was having his own interview.

"Hey Shawn!" The male interviewer said. Shawn replied back to him. "No date tonight?"

"No. But its still great though, I'm very excited to be at my first Met." Shawn replied.

"Now, who do you think is best dressed tonight?"

"Definitely Crystal Paige. She definitely looks gorgeous tonight. Like always." Shawn immediately answered, without even having to look around.

"Yeah! She's stunning, isn't she? We saw you help her back there, how gentlemanly of you, Shawn. How did she react?"

"I didn't even know that was her! I stepped in to help and I looked up its Crystal Paige! I think I even froze for a minute there." Shawn laughed, only half-joking.

"Yeah! I mean thats Crystal Paige! Have you met her before?"

"Exactly! And, no I have not met her before."

"Well, thanks for having us, Shawn. We hope you enjoy your first Met."

"No problem! Thank you!" Shawn shook his hand and moved on.

(no one knows what happens inside the Met so people dont come after me haha)

Crystal Paige

The event had finished and my feet were killing me. It had only been an hour since the after party started and I have spent the last hour trying to at least get a drink.

"Alright I give up!" She scrambled to the back room where the bathrooms were and took a seat on a couch placed on what looked like a waiting area. Immediately she went to take off her Louboutin shoes.

In her head she planned to put them back on later. She pulled out her phone to pass time.

A few minutes later the boys bathroom opened to reveal Shawn. Crystal looked up to the sound and smiled at Shawn.

Shawn looked up noticing someone in the room. He was again frozen in his spot seeing the girl. Crystal blushed seeing him star struck.

"Oh sorry!" Crystal frantically tried to sit lady-like and put her shoes on her lap.

"I bet those are killing you, eh?" He said pointing at the shoes.

"Yeah, I don't understand how im still not used to them after all the times I have to wear them." Crystal sensed him not about respond so she looked for his eyes to see why. Shawn is simply still frozen on his feet.

Its not even the fact that she's Crystal Paige, acting in the biggest movies and posing in the hottest magazines, its just the fact that she looked absolutely breathtaking. Shawn didn't think a person with such godly features existed.

Crystal smiled at him again. "Im Crystal." She says sticking out a hand for him to shake.

"Uhh, Shawn Mendes." Shawn stammered a little before taking a few steps and shaking her hand gently. Her hands are so soft. Shawn thought.

"Ah! Im pretty sure I've heard that somewhere!" She tapped on her chin with her index finger to think. Shawn was not offended at all, he even found her tapping on her chin cute. "Im sorry i've been very busy, Im not at all updated. What do you do?" She asked nicely.

"I-I sing actually." Shawn had never been shy about his singing, but not today I guess.

"Really? Will you sing me one of your songs?" She pleaded with a smile.

"Uhhm, I have this song that goes..." Shawn took a big breath as prep to start singing but was interrupted by someone of the staff sticking their head from the room where the party was.

"Hey, guys. If we could get everybody back in right now, would be great. There are programs about to start that you might be participating in." They said and disappeared once again.

Crystal was bummed to not hear Shawn sing. Her face showed slight sadness as she pulled on her heels with a small pout.

"I-I could send you some of my songs. If you'd like to hear them." Shawn offered. Immediately the actress' face lit up like a kid in a candy store.

"That's a brilliant idea! I can't wait to hear them!" She beamed pulling out her phone.

The two quickly exchanged numbers before they were pulled back in the event area by their own managers.

Crystal's dress on photo!