cxxii | anthony rizzo

laser tag

"Leslie!"

"Leslie!"

She grinned as Kris chose her, accompanying her close friend on one side of the cramped room. The two along with Leslie boyfriend, Anthony, and various members of the Chicago Cubs team were at a local arcade playing laser tag. Anthony had stood firm on being on the opposite team of Leslie, so the group had chosen him and Kris as team captains.

The teams were quickly chosen, looking even in Leslie's eyes. Of course, she had never played laser tag with the group, so she didn't exactly know. However, they were all athletes. Maybe that counted for something?

Leslie fiddled with her laser tag vest, struggling with the clips for long enough that Anthony had to reach over and help her.

"No sympathizing with the enemy, Anthony," Ian scolding jokingly.

"Did it look like any over her teammates were helping her?" he retorted, chuckling after he did so.

Ian just shrugged in reply and Leslie rolled her eyes.

"I had it, Anthony," she informed.

"Yeah, totally," he responded, clipping the last buckle.

The two teams then made their way into the room, which was dimly lit with various glow in the dark strips on the walls so people wouldn't run into them. Leslie discovered a place to camp out and hide, not sure what to do but try her finest to not be detected. She and Anthony were both equally competitive, and she was not looking to lose to him anytime soon.

The game started and Leslie heard someone's vest chime and an irritated groan from someone who she suspected was Kris. She stifled a giggle with her palm.

Leslie looked for opposing players, and as soon as she spotted someone she opened fire, causing the lights on the victim's vest to shut off. She could only speculate that she had shot Javy, but in the dim light she couldn't tell.

She maintained this approach for a while. When someone would discover her spot, she'd simply sneak over to another one. It worked remarkably well. She had shot multiple people and had only been shot once or twice.

As Leslie proceeded to a new spot, she felt a hand on her wrist. She was whirled around and shoved against the nearest surface, lips connect with hers. She knew it was Anthony almost instantly. Why he was kissing her during this, of all situations, made no sense to Leslie.

That was until she felt the plastic laser tag gun against her rib cage. It went off as Anthony pulled away, beaming before dashing off.

"What the hell, Anthony!" Leslie yelled. She could hear Anthony laugh from the distance, causing her to shake her head.

What a child, she thought.

i need to go play lazer tag sooooon

i'm turning 16 in 2 days holy

08.11.18