four | joc pederson

water

JOC

I have an afternoon game. Wanna meet up?

You smiled at the text, quickly texting (Friend's Name).

(YOUR NAME)
JOC JUST ASKED ME OUT ASFJAKFJKAF

You texted Joc back as you waited for them to respond.

(YOUR NAME)
Sure. Meet you at the field?

You went back to your messages, seeing that (Friend's Name) had responded.

(FRIEND'S NAME)
OML What did he say?

(YOUR NAME)
he asked me if i wanted to hang out after the game

Your phone vibrated, notifying you of a text from Joc.

JOC
Okay. I'll look forward to it.

(YOUR NAME)
Me too.

Your phone went off again as (Friend's Name) responded to you.

(FRIEND'S NAME)
Is he still not admitting that it's totally a date?

(YOUR NAME)
i guess not. i don't know if he actually likes me or not

(FRIEND'S NAME)
I've seen the way he looks at you. He totally likes you!

(YOUR NAME)
whatever you say

-

You walked into the clubhouse, looking around for Joc.

"Looking for Joc again?" Corey asked as he walked up to you.

"Yeah," you answered him.

"He was taking a shower last time I saw him. He should be out in a few minutes," he told you.

"Okay, thanks," you said.

"So, how long have you two been dating?" he asked. That caused you to laugh a bit.

"Um, actually, we're not dating," you told him.

"What? The way he talks about you, I thought for sure you two were together."

"Yeah. We've never officially been on a date," you said.

"You guys go out all the time!"

"We've never really called it a date," you answered, spotting Joc walking up to you.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah," you said, smiling at him. He smiled back.

"Where are you two going?" Corey asked.

"How about that pizza place you love?" Joc asked, causing your eyes to light up.

"Yeah!" you answered. The two laughed.

You said goodbye to Corey, as well as a few others as you left the stadium. By now, there weren't as many people, and the place seemed oddly empty for the time of day.

"What were you and Corey talking about?" Joc asked as you got into his car.

"The game," you lied, not quite sure if you should tell him. Joc nodded slightly as he started the car. If he had any suspicion, he wasn't showing it.

The pizza you had was good as usual. Also, as usual, you and Joc didn't even come close to running out of things to talk about. Of course, you would talk about the game, but you never said much. You figured he had to talk about baseball enough. You often talked about your day, but nothing interesting seemed to happen on a regular basis, so you often ended up talking about the most random things. It was a good way to get to know each other. Though, it didn't really matter what you talked about. You got to spend time with the man you loved, and that was enough.

After eating, Joc drove you back home. The only sound was the pouring rain hitting the roof of the car as he drove up to your house. You thanked him for the pizza and the ride as you got out, running to your door. You could hear Joc follow you.

"You don't have to walk me to my door every time. Especially now. It's pouring," you said.

"I'm trying to be a gentleman, (Your Name)," he said.

"I appreciate it," you said, smiling at him. For a few moments, you just looked at each other, lost in each other's eyes.

Realizing how long you had been staring, you looked away, blushing.

"You should probably go, you'll get sick if you get rained on too much," you said.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine," he said. "I'm more worried about you." You smiled, looking away.

"See you later, Joc," you said.

"See ya," he said. He gave you one last small smile before jogging back to his car. You waiting until he opened the car door to even think about going inside. He looked up at you, and you looked at each other for a moment before you turned, turning the handle to your door.

"Wait!"

You turned back around, where Joc was still standing with the door open. He was looking at you like he wanted to say something.

"Joc?" you questioned. He walked back towards you, only breaking eye contact for a moment. Unconsciously, you took a few steps towards him. The rain was pouring down as he stopped in front of you.

In that moment, you realized that you really, really wanted to kiss him. He was so perfect. Everything about him made your heart skip a beat. You needed him more than anything, more than water.

You felt his hands on your cheeks, taking one last glance at his lips as he began to lean in. You met him halfway, lips finally meeting his. Your arms moved from your sides, trailing up his back and wrapping around his neck as your lips moved in sync.

Feeling his hands sliding down your back made you shiver, though they stopped at your lower back. Quickly running out of breath, you pulled away.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that," Joc said, panting slightly.

"I think I do, because I've been wanting to do that since I met you," you said, smiling as you pressed another kiss on his lips.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more."

joc is vvv cute

joc is vvv cute

also his dog is incredibly cute

anyway this was based off water by pentatonix you should listen to it it's great.  the song and story don't really match but i'm gonna keep the title cause i can't think of anything lmao