fifty seven | cody bellinger

jealous | for deileen

"Kike," Deileen whined, slouching over

"Kike," Deileen whined, slouching over. "Help."

Kike sighed. "I don't know how to help you, Deileen. I'm sorry," he apologized. For the past few days, Deileen's boyfriend, Cody Bellinger, had been ignoring her. Not knowing what do to, she had gone to her best friend, Kike Hernandez for help. The two had been spending a lot of time together, and Deileen had no clue what was wrong with Cody. Had she done something wrong?

"I know," she said. "I just want him to talk to me again."

"Maybe you should try talking to him. Text him, or something?" Kike suggested.

She frowned. "I've tried that. Nothing's working."

"I'll try talking to him," he said, giving her a sympathetic look. "It might not work, but I'll see what I can do."

Deileen sighed. "Thank you, Kike."

"No problem, Deileen."

After the game that day, Kike approached Cody. He had looked especially mad all day, and he had to wonder whether it was about Deileen.

"What up with you, man?" Kike questioned. "Something wrong?"

"It's nothing," Cody responded, shoving his batting gloves into his bag.

"Are you sure? Deileen is worried about you."

Cody looked up at Kike, looking like he was going to say something, before looking back down at his bag.

"I'll leave you two to whatever you've been doing so much lately," Cody grumbled before walking away.

Kike was speechless as he watched Cody walk away. Of all the things he could be mad about, he was mad about Deileen spending too much time with Kike. The thought had never even crossed Kike's mind.

He Immediately pulled his phone out, texting Deileen.

KIKE
oh my god

KIKE
he's jealous

DEILEEN
wait really?

KIKE
yeah

KIKE
by the way he talked there's no way he's not

DEILEEN
he's so dumb omg

DEILEEN
he's lucky i love him

-

"You've got this, Deileen," she said to herself as she stood in front of Cody's door. She had decided that the best way to solve things with Cody was to talk to him, and that was exactly what she planned to do.

She reached up, rapping on the door. She stepped back, sighing as her heart raced: She had never been this nervous to see Cody.

Cody opened the door, freezing when he saw her. She couldn't read his expression at it; it was as if he had no reaction at all.

"Come in," he said quickly, turning around and walking into his apartment. She stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

She followed him into his living room, sitting down in a chair. She felt as if she could cut the tension in the room with a knife. She was so uncomfortable, but she knew this was the only way to fix things.

"I'm sorry for giving you the wrong impression, Cody," Deileen spoke quietly, trying to break the silence. "It wasn't my intention. It hadn't even crossed my mind that you felt that way." Cody looked up at her but didn't respond. "I don't intend to be with anyone but you, either. I want to be yours and not anyone else's."

Noticing that he seemed to calm down, Deileen got up, walking over to where Cody was sitting on the couch. He leaned back to allow her to sit on his lap. She leaned in, whispering two words against his lips.

"I promise."

rip dodgers

rip dodgers. you will be missed

09.12.17