forty one | ender inciarte

secret

"Just go over to the Right Field Gate

"Just go over to the Right Field Gate. You'll be able to get in there," your brother, Bryce, told you as he handed you your ticket. You were in Atlanta at SunTrust Park to watch the Washington Nationals and Atlanta Braves play. you were incredibly excited, though you had hidden this from Bryce. He didn't know that you were dating one of the Braves players; Ender Inciarte.

You had met Ender during the previous baseball season when the Braves had played at National Park. You had immediately hit if off and you ended up getting his number. Though it was long distance, you had ended up falling for him, and he had done the same.

You rarely got to see each other, which was incredibly hard. Sure, you had Skype and you were texting almost all the time, but you wished you could spend more time with him. Besides, it was hard to lie to Bryce when he asked you who you were texting.

That's why you enjoyed times like this. You got to enjoy your favorite sport while being able to see your boyfriend. What you did not enjoy, however, was having to sneak behind your brother's back.

"I'll see you on the field, okay?" Bryce said.

"Okay," you said before getting out of the car. Bryce did the same, though he walked towards the player entrance while you tried to find the Right Field Gate. Sure, there was two hours until the gates opened, but you wanted to make sure you knew where you were going.

After finding the gate, you wandered around a bit, taking in the scenery. As much as you had loved Turner Field the one time you had been to it, you thought SunTrust Park was really nice. Before you knew it, it was 4 P.M. and the gates were opened. You made your way in quickly, searching for Ender. Your heart was racing; you were so excited to see him.

You spotted him near the dugout, looking into the crowd. Figuring he was searching for you, you waved. He eventually spotted you, smiling brightly.

You rushed towards him, meeting him by the end of the dugout. You smiled brightly when you made eye contact with him again as he walked as close as he could to you, hugging you over the wall that separated the field from the seats.

"I missed you so much," he whispered, holding you tightly.

"I missed you, too," you said. "Now let me go before someone sees us."

He chuckled, letting you go. "Bryce isn't going to see us, so why does it matter?" he questioned. He hated the fact that you were hiding from Bryce, but he understood why you were scared.

"You know I can't take that chance, Ender," you said, frowning slightly.

"I know," he said quietly, looking down to where your hands were on the wall. He reached out to hold them. "I have to go to batting practice. Once we're done, I'll have someone let you in and you can meet the team."

"Are you sure?" you asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah. I know how much you've wanted to," he said. "Plus, they're excited about meeting you, too."

You agreed to it and Ender was on his way. You made your way to your seat and spent the next hour or so there, watching the Braves hit. After they were done and Ender had made his way off the field, you got out of your seat to find a way to the clubhouse.

You got a text from Ender, telling you where to go. You followed his instructions, meeting him at one of the doors. He told the guard to let you in and he did. Ender grabbed your hand as you walked in and you smiled over at him. You couldn't help it; you were so happy around him.

"Are you sure I'm allowed inside?" you questioned as you stood in front of the door to the clubhouse. Ender shrugged, walking inside. You chuckled, following him in.

"Hey, she's here!" a player, who you immediately recognized as Freddie Freeman, called. Immediately, eyes were on you. You watched as Freddie walked towards you, stopping a foot or so in front of you and holding his hand out. "I'm Freddie. Nice to meet you, LK."

"Nice to meet you, too, Freddie," you answered, shaking his hand.

"This is my girlfriend, LK Harper. And yes, before you ask, she is Bryce Harper's sister," Ender introduced.

"There's gotta be some unwritten rule about that, man," someone said.

"Hey, at least he isn't dating one of our sisters," another said. You laughed but didn't say anything about the matter.

You stayed in the clubhouse for a while, talking to many of the players, before you had to leave. You made your way to your seat, sitting down in it with a sigh. They had really got you thinking. What would happen if Bryce found out?

After the game, which resulted in a 5-1 win for the Nationals, you met Ender outside the stadium. "Good game," you told him, greeting with a kiss. Ender had played well, but sadly the others weren't able to pull through.

"Thanks, babe," he said, wrapping his arms around you.

"LK?"

You froze at the voice. Bryce. You looked over at him slowly, your heart racing. He had found out and you were terrified.

Bryce looked calm on the outside, but you knew he was furious. It was silent as he stared at you, both you and Ender unable to move in shock.

"LK, come with me," Bryce said. You looked at Ender before slipping out of his arms. 'Good luck' he mouthed as Bryce turned and began to walk away. Your whole body shook as you followed him to the car.

The car ride home was silent until you were in the parking lot. Bryce sat there, staring at the steering wheel. Since it seemed like he had something to say, you didn't move, either.

"How long?" he questioned.

Knowing what he meant, you answered, "Over a year."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"Because I was scared," you said, taking a shaky breath to stop yourself from crying.

"What?"

"I was scared you would do this, Bryce!" you yelled. "I was scared that you were going to hate me or make me break up with him. And here we are. You're obviously mad at me. I can't handle this, Bryce. If you want to say something, then say it. Because I'm not leaving him."

With that, you got out of the car.

About an hour later, when you had calmed yourself down and gotten ready for bed, there was a knock on the door. Knowing it was Bryce, you hesitantly told him to come in.

You didn't look at him as he walked in. You didn't even move until he sat down on the side of your bed.

"I'm sorry, LK," he said. "I didn't know how to feel at first, but, I'm okay with you dating him. I'm sorry I acted like I did. You had every reason to be scared."

"I should have told you, Bryce," you said, "but thank you."

"As long as he makes you happy, I'll be happy."

this was longer than i expected it to be but i like it

thank you for requesting, lk

07.20.17