lxxviii | andrew benintendi

LONG DISTANCE | for puffy_blue_cloud23

-

ANDREW
i'll be there in 10 minutes. i'm so excited to see you

(YOUR NAME)
i love you

(Your Name) bit her lip, tapping her fingers on her knee as she looked around the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. She was waiting to meet her boyfriend of almost 8 months, Andrew Benintendi.

The two had first started talking because of a friend of (Your Name), who used to go to school with Andrew before moving to (Home Town). They began texting almost every day and after a few hours of FaceTiming, they had both fallen for each other. After almost a month of figuring out their feelings, they started dating.

It took both Andrew and (Your Name) a while to tell their parents about their relationship. Neither was quite sure how their parents would react to the long distance. However, the two found that they were supportive; so supportive, in fact, that (Your Name)'s parents had allowed her to fly all the way to Ohio by herself to meet him.

That's where she was currently. She had landed on time and quickly gathered her bag before sitting down and waiting for Andrew. She was nervous but more so excited.

She looked down at her phone as it went off.

ANDREW
i can see you from here

ANDREW
i can't believe it

She looked around frantically, eventually spotting him walking towards her. She jumped up, not caring about anything else but him as she ran towards him. He grinned, holding his arms out to her as she jumped at him, almost knocking him over. He held onto her tightly for a few moments, just taking in the feeling of her in his arms, before pulling away.

"I can't believe it's actually you," she said, a tear rolling down her face.

He reached up, wiping the tear away. "I love you," he told her like he had done so many times before. This time, it felt so much more special.

"I love you, too," she said, unable to wipe a smile off of her face even when Andrew had pulled away.

"Do you have your bags?" he questioned, keeping close to her side, causing their hands to brush up against each other.

(Your Name) nodded, wiping tears from her eyes. "I made sure I had everything before you got here."

Andrew insisted on helping (Your Name) carry her bags to his car, which was parked in the parking garage. They shoved her things in the trunk before getting inside, with Andrew on the driver's side and (Your Name) in the passenger seat. She reached for his hand once he had pulled out of the parking space, which Andrew gladly accepted.

It was only a 30 minute ride to Andrew's house in Madeira. They talked throughout the car ride, simply enjoying each other's company.

As soon as Andrew opened the door to his home, (Your Name) could hear footsteps running towards them. She laughed as Andrew's six-year-old sister, Lily, rounded the corner. She jumped into her arms.

Lily had always loved (Your Name). Though she didn't quite understand why (Your Name) and Andrew never saw each other, she still enjoyed talking to (Your Name) over FaceTime.

"Hi, Lily," (Your Name) greeted as the girl clung to her sleeves.

"What took you so long?" Lily questioned, causing both (Your Name) and Andrew to laugh.

"Sorry," she apologized.

(Your Name) looked up to see Andrew's parents, Chris and Jill. She smiled. She had only talked to his parents a couple of times, but they had always been incredibly friendly.

"It's nice to finally meet you, (Your Name)," Chris greeted.

"You, too," she said, holding in a laugh as Lily continued to pull on her sweatshirt sleeve. "We've been talking about this for far too long."

"At least you were able to find a time that worked for both of you," Jill said. "Andrew has been incredibly busy with baseball."

"I can imagine," (Your Name) said, grinning at Andrew.

"Sweetie, let go of (Your Name)'s sleeve," Jill told Lily. Pouting, she complied, causing (Your Name) to chuckle.

"Anyway," Andrew spoke up, resting a hand on (Your Name)'s back. "I'll show you around if you'd like."

She smiled. "That'd be great."

Andrew gave her a quick tour of the house before the two wound up in his room. (Your Name) flopped down on his bed, tired from her long flight. Andrew just chuckled, sitting down next to her.

She flipped over, looking over at him with a smile on her face. She waved him closer and he complied, laying down next to her. She curled up next to him, closing her eyes as he lazily wrapped an arm around her.

"You're gonna fall asleep if we stay here," Andrew said.

"Then let's go somewhere," she muttered, looking up at him.

"I don't really wanna move," he replied. "I wanna spend as much time like this as possible."

"Don't complain if I fall asleep, then."

Rolling his eyes, Andrew got up. "C'mon, let me take you to Chick-Fil-A. It's a disgrace that you've never been."

Laughing, (Your Name) got up.

After getting lunch at Chick-Fil-A, which (Your Name) had to admit was pretty good, they occupied themselves by walking around Andrew's neighborhood. He took her to the field that he grew up playing Little League baseball on, where (Your Name) tried her hand at playing. She was able to hit a ball into the outfield; Andrew gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek for her small achievement.

Eventually, they ended up in Andrew's room again. Jill had made them dinner, which (Your Name) had appreciated greatly, and neither of them had wanted to go anywhere after.

"I can't believe I'm actually here," (Your Name) spoke as Andrew ran his fingers through her hair. "This feels like home already."

"And we have the whole week together, too," Andrew said. "This is more than I could have ever asked for."

"It is," she agreed. "You're even cuter in real life, if that's even possible."

He grinned. "I could say the same about you."

They just looked at each other for a few moments. Out of all the things they had done that day, they hadn't kissed yet. (Your Name) knew that Andrew knew that she had never kissed anyone. Perhaps that was the reason why he hadn't done it yet, or maybe he was just nervous. Either way, she wanted nothing more than for him close the short distance between the two of them.

"I'm always this cute," she joked. "You've been missing out."

"I have," Andrew agreed.

When she noticed him glance down at her lips for a moment, she knew he was thinking the same thing. He reached up, brushing her hair away from her face. He rested his hand on her face, leaning in slightly. Impatient, she leaned in, closing the distance. She didn't really know what she was doing, but she didn't care and Andrew didn't seem to either.

As he pulled away, Andrew smiled. "I can't believe you're actually mine."

------------------------------------

getting sick right before playoffs >>>>>>

10.22.17