lxxxiii | logan morrison

HOME | for Jadie4444

-

"Just a couple hours, babe," Logan said, his voice playing through the speaker of his girlfriend, (Your Name)'s, phone, "and then I'll be home."

"They're going to be the longest few hours of my life," (Your Name) whined.

Logan, who played for the Tampa Bay Rays, was to return to Tampa after a 12-game road trip on the West Coast. (Your Name) missed him like crazy, and though the two FaceTimed every day it wasn't the same.

Logan chuckled. "I'll be home before you know it." He looked up for a moment as someone said something to him before looking back at the screen. "I gotta go. I love you."

"I love you, too," she told him before he hung up.

Sighing, (Your Name) closed her phone, turning the TV on with the remote next to her. It was late, but she was determined to stay up. She wanted to see him as soon as possible.

Out of all the ups and downs of dating a major league baseball player, the long distance was the worst. As much as she loved watching Logan play, (Your Name) preferred when he was home. As proud of him as she was for accomplishing his dreams, she couldn't help but miss him.

As hard as she tried to stay awake, she eventually ended up falling asleep with only the TV playing in the background.

Hours later, the sound of the front door closing woke her up. She stretched, rubbing her eye when something occurred to her; Logan was home. She jumped up, running towards the door. She found Logan in the entryway, pulling his coat off. Upon noticing her, he hung it up before rushing towards her, picking her up and spinning her around.

"I've missed you so much," he said as he put her down.

"I've missed you more," she told him with a grin.

"Impossible," he responded, leaning down and kissing her slowly.

He pulled away, slipping his shoes off with a sigh. (Your Name) could tell he was exhausted; road trips were never easy for either of them.

"So, how was the trip?" she questioned just minutes later as she sat down on the couch next to him.

"Tiring," he replied with a sigh, snaking one arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him. "We lost a lot and I missed you."

"Maybe so," she began, sitting up slightly, which allowed Logan to wrap both of his arms around her, "but I'm here now and a losing a few games isn't the end of the world."

"Yeah, I guess so," he muttered.

"I'm always right, babe," she teased with a smirk on her face. "You should know this by now." She pulled away from him, leaving him pouting playfully as she walked to their bedroom. It was late and all she wanted to do was sleep.

He followed her, flopping down next to her and cuddling up next to her before she could even pull the covers over them. She chuckled; though Logan looked all serious most of the time, he turned into a big baby when he missed her.

"I love you," he muttered, trailing kisses down her neck. She knew what he was thinking, which slightly surprised her due to how tired he looked.

"Tomorrow," she told him, causing him to look up at her. "Honestly, I just want to sleep right now." He nodded before closing his eyes. She laughed, leaning up to kiss his forehead. "I love you."

Attempting to hide a smirk, he said, "I love you more."

----------------------------------

01.03.17