eleven | dansby swanson

nothing more | for kristen

You could see your hands shaking as you looked down at the pregnancy test, which shown two red lines

You could see your hands shaking as you looked down at the pregnancy test, which shown two red lines. You couldn't believe it; you were pregnant.

Your legs felt weak as you walked over to your phone. You picked it up, quickly dialing your friend's number. She picked up after three rings.

"Yo yo," she said. Normally, you would have laughed at this, but you weren't in the mood.

"(Friend's Name). You need to come over, now," you said.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't explain right now. Please just get over here."

There was silence for a few moments.

"I'm on my way."

About ten minutes of trying not to have an emotional breakdown later your door opened. You could hear (Friend's Name) storm into your living room.

"Kristen!" she called.

"I'm in here," you managed. You were curled up on the bathroom floor, clutching the pregnancy test in your hands. You could hear (Friend's Name) gasp when she saw you.

"What is that?" she asked softly. You handed it to her and she took it slowly, eyes widening. "Are you really..."

"Yes," you squeaked. "That's the third one I've done today."

"Oh my god, Kristen," she whispered, sitting down on the floor next to you. As her arms wrapped around you, you couldn't hold it in anymore. You let out an uncontrollable sob as you pressed your face against her. "Shh, it's okay. It's okay."

"No, it's not," you argued. "It's Dansby's child. It has to be."

"Isn't that good?" she asked.

At that, you let out another sob. "His career is just taking off. What if he doesn't want them? What am I gonna do then?"

"Kristen, look at me." You didn't move. "Look at me."

Reluctantly, you pulled away slightly, looking up at her. You wiped your tears away, trying to gather your composure.

"I've known Dansby since high school. I know for a fact that he loves you. He loves you more than baseball, more than anything. And I know that he's gonna love this baby as much as he loves you because nothing is going to stop him from loving you. He's not going to leave you alone. Do you understand?"

You nodded, unable to form any words.

"Now, you need to tell him."

You tried to hold in another tear. "I can't do that."

"Yes, you can," she said. "He deserves to know." There was silence for a few moments as you wiped away an oncoming tear. "He has an off day tomorrow, right?"

"I think so," you answered.

"You should invite him out, and tell him then," (Friend's Name) suggested. You paused for a few moments, contemplating the suggestion.

"Okay."

(Friend's Name) stood up before offering a hand to you. "Now let's get you cleaned up."

Saturday night came too fast and too slow at the same time. You didn't want the moment to come because you were afraid of what he would say, but at the same time, you wanted to get it over with.

At 4, you dragged yourself out of bed to take a shower. By 6, you were ready and by 6:10, Dansby was at your door.

"You look beautiful," he said, smiling.

"You look better," you responded.

"You say that every time."

"Only because it's true."

The car ride to the restaurant was fairly normal. In fact, the first part of the dinner was fine. It was nearing the end of the dinner when you got nervous. You knew that with every second, the window of opportunity got even smaller. You were quiet as Dansby paid for your meal, and as you walked out to the car. You avoided his gaze as you sat in the passenger seat.

"Is everything okay?" Dansby asked.

"I'm fine," you said.

"No, you're not. Something's wrong, I can tell."

"I-" you began, sighing. "I'm pregnant."

It was silent for a few moments.

"I knew it. I should just leave." You reached for a car door handle.

"No, you have it all wrong."

You paused, looking over at Dansby. From the looks of it, he was trying to hold back tears.

"I want nothing more than to start a family with you."

i really like this one

thanks for requesting

01.08.17