chris taylor

CYCLE | for belliseggos

-

"What if he hits a cycle?" Amelia asked, leaning towards (Your Name).

"Don't say that!" (Your Name) exclaimed. "You're going to get my hopes up."

Amelia was referring to (Your Name)'s boyfriend, Chris Taylor. Currently, the Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder had a home run and a triple, meaning he only needed a single and a double to hit his first career cycle.

"Wouldn't it be cool, though?" Amelia leaned back in her chair. "You would get to watch your man hit a cycle in person."

"I think I would die," (Your Name) muttered, watching as Chris ripped a single into center field.

"Only two bags left!" Amelia cheered, clapping loudly. (Your Name) clapped along, wondering what she would do if he actually hit for the cycle.

In the bottom of the eighth, he did just that. Most of the Dodgers fans were on their feet, anticipating the achievement. Only one double and Chris would have his first career cycle.

(Your Name) held her breath as Chris swung, just barely fowling the pitch back. He was down to his last strike. If he didn't get a hit here, the hopes of the cycle would be crushed.

He hit the next pitch into the corner in left field. The fans cheered loudly as it bounced around, allowing Chris to get to second base easily. (Your Name) cheered, tears filling her eyes as Chris stood on second base. He found the section she was in before pointing to her with a large smile on his face.

The game ended in an 8-0 Dodgers win. After the game, (Your Name) was lead down to the field. She had been informed that Chris wanted her on the field. Why he wanted this, she had no clue.

"What's going on?" she questioned as she walked up to him.

"Oh, nothing," he said with a playful smirk, grabbing her hand and leading her out to the pitchers' mound. The crowd was fairly quiet as they wondered what was going on. "(Your Name)."

"Chris," she mimicked.

"You remember when we first met, right?" he questioned.

She laughed, remembering the first day of their senior year clearly. "Of course I do. You were so nervous," she joked.

"Yeah, I was," he agreed. "But I'm so glad I did it, even if it was one of the scariest moments of my life. You're my world, (Your Name), and I don't know where I would be without you. You've been with me through this whole crazy experience, and I want you to continue to be there." He stepped back, kneeling down and holding up a small black box. "Marry me?"

The crowd erupted into cheers as (Your Name) nodded, tears falling from her eyes. Chris stood up, holding her tightly as she cried into his chest.

"I love you so much," he said.

Though it was muffled, she responded, "I love you more."

-----------------------------

y'all tomorrow is saturday and i don't get to sleep in what is this shit

09.15.17