thirty five | jonathan lucroy

christmas miracle

You sighed, sitting down on the couch as your boyfriend, Jonathan, did the same

You sighed, sitting down on the couch as your boyfriend, Jonathan, did the same. It was about 11 PM on Christmas Day and you had just gotten home from his parent's house, where you had spent the last two days in Louisiana celebrating the holiday with his family. As much as you loved Jonathan's family, you were very glad to be home.

You cuddled up against Jonathan, burying your head in his chest as he wrapped his arms around you. It was nice to finally have some alone time like this, as you always got a little embarrassed by PDA.

"I love you," Jonathan said quietly.

"I love you, too," you mumbled into his chest. He kissed your head and you practically melted into him, taking in the scent of his cologne and the heat of his body against yours.

You stayed like that for a while, tangled in his arms, before he pulled away, causing you to whine slightly. "I have another present for you," he said, pressing a kiss to your forehead as you got up. You grabbed onto his hand, only letting go when he began to walk away.

He came back with a moderately large box in his hands. He sat down next to you and you curled up against him again before taking the box. You gave him a kiss on the cheek before ripping open the royal blue wrapping paper. You had opened most of your presents at his parent's house, so you were very curious to see what the item was.

You felt like a little kid again as you managed to cut the tape that held the box closed with your fingernail. You opened it quickly to see another, smaller box sitting on the bottom. You looked over at Jonathan, who grinned. You just rolled your eyes and took the small box out.

You opened it carefully to see a necklace. It was a silver heart with many rose gold crystals on it. You picked the necklace up, rubbing your thumb over the crystals before looking up at Jonathan.

"This is beautiful, Jonathan," you said. "Thank you."

He leaned forward, giving you a lengthy kiss on the lips. "Anything for you, baby."

You closed to box before setting it on the table next to the couch. You then cuddled up against Jonathan again.

"We should watch a movie," he suggested.

"Are you sure? It's..." You looked down at your phone, "11:28."

"Yes, I'm sure. Besides, it doesn't look like you'll be moving anytime soon," he teased.

You chuckled. "That's true."

Jonathan got up to turn the TV on along with the X-Box. He signed into your shared about before scrolling to Netflix and signing in. "Any suggestions?" he asked.

"Home Alone," you answered quickly.

He sighed. "We watch that every Christmas," he complained.

"It's a classic!" you argued as you linked your arm in his.

"Yeah, that's true," he said. He put the movie on before setting the controller down and intertwining his fingers with yours.

-

You woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon. Pulling on one of Jonathan's sweaters, which was way too big for you, you pattered into the kitchen.

He was standing in front of the stove, wearing sweatpants and a white t-shirt. You walked over to him, wrapping one arm around his waist as you leaned into him, looking down at the bacon.

"Good morning," he greeted, pausing to kiss the top of your head.

"'Morning," you greeted back.

He finished cooking breakfast - pancakes and bacon - before you both sat down on the couch in the living room. Eventually, once you had finished eating, you had put your plates to the side and began cuddling. He had put some random show on that you both were fine with watching, but you mostly appreciated each other's presence.

"I have another present for you," Jonathan spoke, breaking a fairly long silence that had fallen between you as you watched the show.

"Really? You are too much, Jonathan," you said.

He didn't respond as he got up. You expected him to walk away but he stopped, turning towards you. You looked up at him, slightly confused. When he dropped down on one knee, however, you knew exactly what was going on.

"Anna, you are the love of my life, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he said, looking up at you, though you could barely see him through the tears that had begun to form. "Will you marry me?"

You nodded your head frantically. "Yes."

i accidentally wrote 'jonathan jucroy' and laughed way harder than i should have

06.29.17