thirty | andrew benintendi

presents | for maddie

"So, Andrew, where are you going first?" you asked

"So, Andrew, where are you going first?" you asked. The Red Sox season had ended recently and Andrew was planning to move out of the house he had been staying in along with you and your older brother, Dustin Pedroia.

"I'll probably go home first. I want to see my family again," he said.

"Yeah, that makes sense," you muttered, looking out of the window. "I think me and Dustin are going home, too. He wants to see his kids again."

Andrew hummed as silence fell between you again. Truth was, you didn't really want to leave. Andrew had been living with you since August when he had been called up. In that time, you had started to fall for him. You had just started to figure out how you felt about him, but the Red Sox early exit in the postseason cut things short. Now, you were going to be 20 hours away from him for the whole summer.

"Hey, we should see each other sometime this off-season," Andrew suggested.

You beamed at the idea. "Yeah, we should. I'm sure Dustin would love to have you visit. Or, I could come visit you. Either way would work."

Andrew looked over at you, smiling cutely. "That would be fun."

Throughout the off-season, you talked to Dustin about it, and you had decided that Andrew and his family would visit in December; shortly before Christmas. You were slightly disappointed that you wouldn't see him for a while, but you were glad he was visiting.

December came faster than you had expected and soon Andrew and his family were there. Kelli and Dustin had invited Andrew, along with his parents and his sisters Olivia and Lily, over for dinner. It was like a Christmas dinner but 20 days too early.

You jumped up at the sound of the doorbell ringing, running to the door. You were greeted with Andrew standing in front of you and you grinned. You held your arms out and he stepped towards you, giving you a long hug.

"My god, it's good to see you," you said after he pulled away.

"You, too," he said, smiling.

You turned to his parents just in time to see them give each other a look. You introduced yourself to Jill, Chris, and then Olivia and Lily. You led them into the house, where they all got to meet Dustin, Kelli, and their kids, Dylan and Cole.

From there, you all began to talk. You took a seat next to Andrew on the couch, fighting the urge to get closer than you already were to him. You talked about your lives, and a lot about how Andrew was growing up, which you found very funny. Chris had many good stories about him.

You all had dinner before sitting down again. It had begun to get cold in the house so you curled up with a blanket on the couch. Andrew sat beside you like he had at dinner, though he was sitting closer than usual. Your arms were almost touching as you sat.

Sadly, after a while he got up for a few minutes. However, when he came back, he had a small box in his hands. All eyes were on him as he walked in. He turned to you, handing the box to you.

"I know we said no presents, but..." He trailed off as you took the box from his hands. Your heart raced as you wondered what was inside.

"Andrew, I swear..." You opened the box to see a necklace. It had two charms on it; a baseball one and a small metal one with your initials on it. You looked up at him, a look of shock on your face.

"Look under it."

You pulled the plastic part out of the box to see a folded piece of paper. You took it out, putting the box down before unfolding it.

'Maddie, I've liked you for a while now. Everyone tells me that you feel the same, so I guess I have a question to ask you.

Will you be my girlfriend?"

You looked up at him, your eyes wide. Andrew smiled nervously and you realized he was probably waiting for an answer. You nodded, unable to speak.

He grinned and you put the paper down, standing up. You practically jumped on him, hugging him tightly. As he wrapped his arms around you, you felt whole.

Two years later, you sat in the same spot on Christmas Eve. Andrew had his arm around you and you were cuddling into him, close to falling asleep. You and Andrew were still together after two years, and this was the third party you had had together.

"I'll be right back," Andrew said, and you groaned, having to move to allow him to get up. He was gone for a minute before coming back with a box in his hands. He stood in front of you before kneeling down.

 He stood in front of you before kneeling down

aaa i love this one. i changed the prompt up a bit bit i hope you don't mind

ty for the request