xcii | alex bregman

SOMETHING MORE | for Chelsieeeee999

-

ALEX
where are you? i'm gonna come meet you

CHELSIE shared her location

CHELSIE
there you go ;)

"Chelsie!"

She looked up from her phone to see her best friend, Alex, jogging towards her. She smiled, shoving her phone in her pocket just in time before he glomped her, hugging her tightly.

"You made it!" he exclaimed, grinning at her.

"Of course! I wouldn't have missed this for the world," she told him.

Chelsie had flown from their hometown of Albuquerque to Houston to watch Alex play. They had been planning the trip for months and they had both been super excited about it. Though they had kept in touch, they hadn't seen each other in over a year.

Chelsie always liked visiting him, even if it was expensive. It was hard to be away from him for too long. Even if they always talked, it wasn't the same than being near the man she was in love with.

"Let me show you around," Alex offered, resting a hand on the small of her back.

The two walked around for a while, catching up on all they had missed since they'd last seen each other. Eventually, Alex had to leave to prepare for BP, leaving Chelsie alone for a while. She wandered around as she waited, simply taking in the buildings around the park.

She waited near the dugout for Alex, just like he had told her to do. Eventually, Alex emerged from the dugout along with two teammates who Chelsie quickly recognized as Jose Altuve and George Springer. Chelsie waved and Alex spotted her, walking over to her with the others close behind him.

"I see you didn't get too lost, huh?" Alex teased, smiling.

"Of course not. I had the best tour guide around," she responded, her smile matching his.

"Chelsie, these are two of my teammates, Jose and George," he introduced, gesturing to both of them respectively.

"It's nice to meet you two," she greeted with a smile.

The continued to talk for a while before the three players had to leave for BP. Alex stood next to Jose as they watched George hit.

"You like her, don't you?" Jose blurted, not taking his eyes off George.

Alex looked over at him, surprised that Jose had noticed Alex's feelings for his best friend. "How'd you know?"

"I can just tell by the way you look at her. It's the same way she looks at you," he answered, a smug smile on his face. "Plus, you talk about her constantly. You've barely shut up about her since you planned this thing."

"You think she feels the same?" Alex questioned, glancing over at Chelsie, who was sitting in her seat and looking down at her phone.

"Yeah," Jose replied, "I do."

Hours later, when the game was over, Alex and Chelsie headed to Alex's apartment, where Chelsie would be staying for the next week while she was in Houston. She immediately wanted to sleep, so Alex began setting things up in the guest room for her, figuring she wouldn't want to sleep in the same bed as him; it had been years since they had even talked about that.

His assumption hadn't been correct, however. "It'll be just like old times," she had prompted with a smile that Alex couldn't say no to. So, Chelsie changed in the bathroom and he quickly changed in his room before she came in. He had just pulled his shirt over his head when she opened the door. He looked over at her and she smiled slightly as she closed the door behind her.

"Do you need anything?" Alex questioned, with a lack of anything better to say.

"No," she responded, looking down at the bed as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She glanced up at him and back down, also unsure of what to say.

Alex wouldn't say anything, he decided. He walked around to her side of the bed as she silently watched him. She turned towards him as he stood in front of her, dangerously close.

"I'm praying that Jose was right about this," he muttered before leaning down and kissing her.

-------------------------------

i finally have school break aaaaa

11.17.17