cxiii | ozzie albies

officially official

"For the last time, she's not my girlfriend!"

Ronald Acuna Jr. burst into laughter, apparently finding Ozzie's insistent exclamation incredibly funny. Ozzie glared over at him, not finding the situation nearly as funny. He loved his friend and teammate, but sometimes, Ronald could be just plain annoying.

From the day that Ozzie met Maggie, Ronald and the rest of the Atlanta Braves team insisted on teasing Ozzie about having a crush on her. Ozzie understood why. After he had run into Maggie following on of their games at SunTrust Park, they had been texting almost constantly. 

Yeah, maybe Ozzie did have a little bit of a crush on her. Not like he'd ever admit that to any of his teammates.

He had been debating asking Maggie out for what felt like years, though they had only known each other for a few weeks. They hadn't seen each other since their first run in, and Ozzie desperately wanted to see the girl he had gotten to know so well.

"You can't tell me that you don't feel anything for her, Oz," Ronald spoke up, shoving his shirt into his locker.

"I do, but," Ozzie sighed. "I'm trying."

Ronald nodded in understanding. "The Ozzie Albies I know can do anything. You got it, man."

Ozzie smiled over at him, chuckling a bit. Ronald was right, though. Ozzie never liked backing down from a challenge.

So, that night, Ozzie asked Maggie out to dinner. Of course, she said yes.

Around a week later, the two went out for a movie. It was some comedy that Maggie thought would be interesting, and thought Ozzie wasn't really a comedy person, he greatly enjoyed seeing Maggie again and how much she loved the movie.

Though it was fairly late when the two exited the theater, they still went out to dinner. They went to a local place just a short walk. They walked side by side, hands brushing every once in a while as they caught up, which they hadn't been able to do much of at the movie for obvious reasons.

"This place is nice," Maggie commented as she opened her menu, her nose scrunching up when she saw the prices. "A little expensive, though."

Ozzie laughed. "No issue. The team and I come here all the time, I'm used to it. I'll pay, anyway."

"Ozzie, you don't have to do that," Maggie replied, looking up at him and frowning slightly.

"I want to, though," he replied. "It's no problem, trust me."

Maggie rolled her eyes but didn't argue further, just looked back down and continued reading the menu. Ozzie's eyes lingered on her for a moment, taking in the sight of the girl that he was quickly falling for before looking down at his own menu.

The two had a nice but somewhat expensive dinner, but Ozzie didn't mind in the slightest. He had an amazing time with Maggie, and she looked like she was having a good time as well. Ozzie was glad that he wasn't completely boring her. He felt a true connection with Maggie that he couldn't deny.

As they walked back to where they had parked, Ozzie's mind raced. He wanted to kiss Maggie, that was for sure, but how would she react? Sure, he could tell that she had been flirting back at him all night, and she had some interest in him, but he didn't want to rush the first kiss just yet.

However, he threw all logic in the trash when Maggie stopped walking and began leaning in.

we're back baby :)

it's august now wow

08.02.18