andrew benintendi

SETUP | for Love1D5SOS3143

-

"I can't deal with those two anymore," Brock Holt exclaimed, sitting down on the couch in Andrew's living room. He had invited a few friends and teammates over during the off day, as he had just bought the house. Of those friends was his best friend since high school, Madi.

Everyone knew they had a thing for each other except for Andrew and Madi. They were constantly flirting with each other, though they insisted they were only friends and didn't have feelings for each other. The others pretended to believe them but were very suspicious.

"There's gotta be some way to get them together, right?" Mookie Betts said, looking over at the two. Madi was laughing loudly at something Andrew had said.

"There has to be," Jackie Bradley Jr. responded. "I can feel the sexual tension from here."

"Tell me about it," Xander Bogaerts chimed in.

Brock hummed, thinking for a moment. "Neither of them have been in a relationship recently, right?" A few of the guys shook their heads. "We should set them up on a double date."

"That would totally work," Mookie agreed. "If they really don't have feelings for each other, they should be willing to do it."

"I have her friend's number. She seems the feel the same way. I'm sure she'll be able to help us," Brock said.

So, just over a week later, both Madi and Andrew were dressed up for their date. Neither of the two knew that they were doing on dates in the first place, let alone on a date with each other. Their friends had instructed them to keep in quiet.

They were meeting at a local place in Boston: one of Madi's favorites. She had been pleasantly surprised that her date had been willing to go somewhere so expensive. Usually, she went with Andrew, where though she would refuse, he would always end up paying some of her bills.

The reservations were under Brock's name. That way, Andrew and Madi would first meet at the restaurant and (hopefully) not outside.

Madi was the first one to arrive, though Andrew wasn't far behind her. Upon seeing each other, they both stared, unsure of what to say. Clearly, they were at the same table. Madi's heart began to race: she had just been set up with the boy she had a crush on.

"You're on a blind date, too?" Madi questioned.

Andrew nodded slowly. "I think they set us up."

"I'm going to kill her," Madi grumbled, pulling her phone out of her purse.

"I thought I heard them planning something," Andrew said, sitting down across from Madi. "Brock's been very secretive lately. Guess it makes sense."

Madi sighed. "I'm sorry, Andrew. We can just leave and pretend this never happened."

"No, it's fine," he responded with a smile. "It takes a while to get reservations here, anyway. Why not make the most of it?"

"I guess you're right," Madi said, typing a text to her friend before putting her phone away. "As long as we can agree that we're totally getting revenge on them after this is over."

He laughed. "Of course."

Dinner continued as if nothing had happened. Before long, the atmosphere was just like any other time they had eaten there. They ate, Andrew insisted on paying for her food, and they walked back to Madi's apartment.

"You look beautiful, by the way," Andrew complimented as they approached her door.

"Thank you," Madi replied, looking away as she blushed. Once they stopped in front of her door, she looked up at him again.

"Even though this was completely unexpected, I had a great time," Andrew said.

"Yeah, it was fun," Madi agreed. "Honestly, we shouldn't have been surprised that they set us up. They're always trying to."

Andrew laughed. "That's true. I'm sure we could stop that, though."

"How so?" she questioned, her heart beginning to race again.

He sighed. "Listen, Madi. I didn't realize this until recently, but I really, really like you. Their teasing just got me thinking about it, and I understand if you don't feel the same way. I just wanted you to know."

Madi laughed, catching him off guard. Smiling up at him, she responded, "I'm lucky you're short," before leaning up and kissing him.

-

MADI
you're crazy, brock

MADI
but crazy worked this time

---------------------------------

i miss andrew already

a lot of people are talking about the red sox acquiring giancarlo (big dick) stanton, and though i don't think we'll get him if we do its possible andrew could go in the trade and it makes me nervous and sad to even think about. 

also this double post today is lowkey to celebrate the best date aka friday the 13th

10.13.17