nineteen | joc pederson

foul!

"God, the boys really need to do something big here," you said nervously, leaning forwards and resting your elbows on your thighs

"God, the boys really need to do something big here," you said nervously, leaning forwards and resting your elbows on your thighs. Currently, the Dodgers were losing 5-2, but they had two runners on with no outs in the 8th inning.

"You can say that again," (Friend's Name) agreed, clapping her hands and cheering the batter, Joc Pederson, on.

You hid your head in your hands, scared to even watch the game. Sure, there were no outs, but that didn't make things any less stressful. It was the life of a dedicated fan.

"Heads up!" someone yelled, causing you to look up. You didn't have time to see what was flying towards you before it had made contact with your face. You jerked backwards, holding your right cheek as pain washed over you.

"Are you okay?" (Friend's Name) asked as you leaned forward, eyes welling with tears at the pain. Her hand rested on your back as she leaned down to get close to your face. You nodded slightly, sitting up as you wiped tears from your eyes.

"Is she okay?" a guard asked from close by.

"She probably needs ice," (Friend's Name) suggested. "That foul ball hit her pretty hard."

"Let me take her. I'll have someone look at her," he told her. She looked over at you.

"Is that okay?" You nodded, still unable to form words. She helped you up before you followed the guard, your hand still covering your face.

-

"Just keep this ice on it and you should be fine," the trainer said as he pressed ice to your cheek. You took it, keeping it on your face as he retracted his hand. "Don't be surprised if you have some bruising, though."

"That's what I expected," you said, smiling through the pain. "Thank you."

"It's the least I could do," he said with a small smile. "Do you know how to get back to your seat?"

"Yeah, I think so," you said as you stood up.

"You're free to go, then."

You nodded once. "Thanks again."

The trainer opened the door for you before you stepped out. You parted without another word.

As you walked by the clubhouse the door opened and a familiar face popped out.

"Are you the girl I hit?" Joc questioned as he stepped out of the clubhouse fully, allowing the door to close loudly behind him.

"Yeah, I am," you said, shifting so you were holding the ice with your left hand before sticking your right hand out for him to shake. "I'm (Your Name)."

"Nice to meet you, (Your Name)," he said as he shook your hand.

"You, too," you said with a smile. "I wish we were meeting under better circumstances, though."

Joc chuckled. "Yeah, I agree. How's it look?"

You removed the ice, revealing your already slightly swollen cheek. It was red and had a small cut on it, but it hadn't started to bruise yet.

"Actually, it looks surprisingly good," he noted as he leaned forward slightly to look closer. You blushed slightly.

"Doesn't feel too good though," you joked.

"I'm really sorry about that," Joc apologized as he backed away.

"Don't worry about it," you told him as you put the ice back on your cheek. You could hear the crowd cheer loudly and you could tell something good had happened.

"Anyway, I should probably go," Joc said. "I'm sorry again about the foul ball."

"It's fine," you said with a smile. "I'll see you around."

With that, Joc disappeared back into the clubhouse.

-

(Your Name) @(YourTwitterUsername)

at least i got the ball @yungjoc650

PM: Joc Pederson
@yungjoc650

Sorry again

don't worry about it too much, joc

I feel like i should be able to do something for you

Would a date work?

joc over here being smooth af

the pictures from his proposal were so cute im so happy for him

anyway, send in those requests(yes i'm going to keep saying this until i get some so...)

also i forgot to post this yesterday bc of my tournament whoops

3.13.17