fifty three | kris bryant

difficult | for daniela

"Ready to go?" Anthony Rizzo asked his younger sister, Daniela

She grinned, practically bouncing up and down with excitement. It was her first Cubs game and she couldn't have been more excited. "Of course!" she exclaimed loudly.

Anthony chuckled. "Alright, let's go."

She walked outside quickly, at the passenger side of the door before he could even lock the car. He laughed again; he hadn't expected her to be so excited. She had always been his biggest supporter and it made him incredibly happy to see her so excited.

They arrived at Wrigley Field plenty early. There was still a few hours until batting practice, so Daniela busied herself by walking around, finding anything to amuse herself while the team prepared. It wasn't hard; there was plenty to do around Wrigley.

Before she knew it, BP had started. She had a pass that allowed her in the stadium, so it wasn't too hard to get in. Anthony spotted her fairly quickly and she jogged down to meet him.

"I guess you didn't get lost after all," he joked.

"I lost track of time," she admitted, looking down at the time on her phone.

"I figured," he said as his teammate, Kris, walked up next to him. Kris had always been Daniela's favorite(besides her brother, of course).

"Daniela, right?" he questioned with a smile.

"Yup," she said, holding out her hand for Kris to shake as she grinned at him. "Nice to meet you, Kris."

"Likewise," he said, shaking her hand.

From there, Kris and Daniela talked many times. They began to not only get close but to fall for each other. They were faced with one problem, though; wherever they were, Anthony was.

The first time this happened was around two weeks after they had met. Anthony was taking BP while Kris and Daniela talked on the sidelines, as she wasn't actually allowed on the field.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Kris questioned.

"Huh? Of course," Daniela answered.

"So, I was wondering--" he was cut off by Anthony slinging his arm over his shoulder, leaning into Kris.

"Javy's looking for you," Anthony informed.

"Oh, alright." Anthony moved his arm off Kris' shoulders. Kris mouthed 'I'll tell you later," to Daniela before leaving.

So, the curse began. Kris had gotten to guts to ask her out many times over many weeks, but Anthony was always there. He hoped Anthony wouldn't mind him going out with his sister; they had never really talked about it and Anthony had no clue about his crush. He was still there all the time and it was driving Kris insane.

One night, after a particularly long game, Daniela was allowed to meet the whole team, as she had only met a few of the players while near the field. Kris was the first to spot her, as he was going back to the clubhouse after taking some swings in the batting cage. He practically ran up to her, taking his chance to ask her the question he had been trying to spit out for weeks.

"Daniela!" he called, causing her to turn to him.

She smiled. "Hi, Kris. Good game."

"Anthony's not here for once and I really have to ask you this because I've been trying for weeks but will you go out with me?" he said quickly, making it hard for Daniela to understand him.

She chuckled. "Slow down, Kris."

"I really like you, Daniela. Will you go out with me?" he repeated, slower this time.

"O-of course," she agreed quietly, he shocked expression turning into a smile.

Kris sighed, smiling as well. "Alright."

im updating this from my study hall bc i don't have any work and i'm bored af

08.31.17